Market Sales Manager (Southeast)
Nude BeveragesApply for this Job
MARKET SALES MANAGER
If you are passionate about building brands and representing and managing sales, we want to hear from you!
As our Market Manager, you will be an integral part of our team and contribute greatly to the growth of our company. Our Market Manager represents and manages relationships as Producer/Supplier between distributors, retailers, and consumers within assigned market area. This key position serves as the main point of contact at the local level for our company. Our Market Manager will help develop and execute annual plans by enhancing communication as it flows from Supplier to Distributor and eventually to the market space.
Nude was created with a mission to develop alcoholic drinks that were a healthier alternative within the FMB space. Before Nude launched in 2017, there was nothing on the store shelf that reflected modern-day choices. In under two years, Nude made massive waves and became the best-selling beverage in its category in Canada. All Nude products are sugar-free, sweetener-free, and carb-free containing all-natural flavors and just 100 calories per can; these key factors have led the brand to become a pioneer for seltzers in Canada. Today, Nude has launched in the US with what we deem as the world’s best tasting hard seltzer. Committed to giving back, Nude donates a portion of all sales to local animal rescue organizations in each area they are sold.
- Build relationships with distributor sales representatives and retailer customers; coach, train, motivate, influence and lead distributor team members and retail buyers on benefits and features of company products
- Establish strong working relationships with key sales supervisor and higher management at our distributors
- Motivate distributor management and sales force to achieve sales and distribution objectives, including the development and oversight of distributor programming
- Develop distributor annual business plans (ABP) and secure distributor commitments to those plans in terms of brand volume, distribution targets, distributor co-op investments, brand standards and all other business-related objectives
- Execute pre and post programming activity via business review with appropriate levels of the distributor team (brand managers, sales supervisors) to include the business areas of; key account programming, distribution incentives, merchandising and display activity
- Ensure alignment with Company direction on co-op budget plans/spends as outlined and prioritized in annual planning documents
- Create and maintain strong relationship with on and off premise retail partners
- Be acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in designated market areas that account for 50% of market volume. Focus against improving execution of company brands in these independent and chain retail accounts
- Educate customers about our brand portfolio
- Attend industry events, local events and tradeshows representing company brands in a positive, professional manner
Selling & Merchandising:
- Identify and develop programs for underperforming brands/packages
- Partner with distributors to close distribution targets by brand and by package
- Create account target list by distributor for key packages to improve overall distribution and generate new business for the company
What you bring to the organization:
- Experience in the alcohol industry (familiar with legal structure, promotion requirements, and three-tier system)
- Beverage alcohol distributor and or retailer sales experience
- Degree or four years of commensurate beverage alcohol distributor and/or retail management experience
- Demonstrated ability to call on chain store HQ or Field Managers
- Desire to learn and acquire new skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; good listening skills; and strong group presentation skills
- Understanding of, and ability to perform, trade math as a part of doing business in a “fact-based” selling culture
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; attention to details; effective time management; set goals and objectives
- Follow instructions; respond appropriately to management direction; self-starter
- Confidence to take independent actions and calculated risks
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- An advanced understanding of Excel, Word, Power Point, Slack, as well as specific applications such as iDig & VIP
Our ideal candidate is:
- Motivated: you are determined to succeed and possess the drive and self-motivation to ensure you reach goal
- Resilient: you remain calm and respond in a professional manner when faced with difficult situations, challenges, and rejection
- Hard-working: you take pride in what you do and are committed to getting the job done
- Organized: you are a highly organized individual with strong planning skills
- Character: you are friendly, open-minded, and approachable
Conditions of employment:
- Must be 21+
- You will be reporting to our VP of Sales
What we will provide:
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, performance based bonus available.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- The position is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.