Business Unit General Manager- Midwest Region
Founders Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The BU-GM is responsible for the business unit P&L, management of all sales activities by the business unit team, coordination of national accounts team activity within their BU, and both communication and goal setting with wholesaler partners in their business unit.
This position reports directly to the CSO and is a member of the Sales Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for development of their business unit sales organization. This includes:
- Input into the Design of their BU team
- Recruitment and hiring of people resources
- Executing the onboarding and training of sales staff and managers per the FBC sales development process
- Ongoing measurement, development and improvement of sales staff and managers
- Yearly succession planning and gap assessments
- Working with SLT and CSO to identify yearly sales plans
- Works with Market Managers, VP Nat’l Accts, KAD’s, KAM’s and Wholesalers to develop yearly sales goals by month and package to meet FBC yearly sales plans.
- Develop, own and set up wholesaler annual ABP volume goals, sales programming CE spend for business unit
- Establishes and tracks individual MM and RSR goals to meet these objectives.
- Assist CSO in development of a 3-year rolling strategic plan.
- Manages assigned metrics and reporting to track weekly, monthly, quarterly progress to goals
- Identifies and manages gaps to plan and presents opportunities to CSO to close BU gaps and puts corrective actions in place
- Frequently works directly with MM’s, RSR’s and Wholesalers who are underperforming to get back on plan
- Communicates any potential issues and corrective actions to CSO
- Manages the business unit P&L and is accountable for the BU financial results.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Coordinates channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing quotas, and goals.
- Advises distributors concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Sometime requires heavy travel is required as needed up to 75% at times.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist distributors in promoting sales.
- Professionally represents Founders at industry related events.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients or distributors in coordination with Market Managers.
- Meets with key distributors, national and regional chain accounts assisting Market Managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates support for assigned business unit with other internal departments and external business partners as needed.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of the business unit to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion; Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Develops the annual business plan for their business unit and owns the development by direct reports of each wholesalers ABP and gains agreement from wholesaler principals on delivery of ABP for Founders brands.
Directly supervises Market Managers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reliable car and be able to travel.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven key account and field sales management experience.
- In depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals; including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Founders Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.