Director of Sales (National)
A Dozen CousinsApply for this Job
WHO WE ARE
A Dozen Cousins is a Bay Area natural food company that makes convenient side dishes inspired by traditional Creole, Caribbean and Latin American recipes. Our first product is an award-winning line of authentic regional beans that are cooked in nutrient-dense avocado oil. As a company, we believe strongly in the power of culture, and we enjoy celebrating the people and places that make our food special. To learn more, visit www.adozencousins.com
A Dozen Cousins products are sold nationwide throughout the natural channel and are available regionally in grocery, mass and club. The business is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a sales leader that is excited to help drive that growth. In this role, you will report directly to our Founder and CEO and you will have oversight of all sales activities across channels. Likewise, you will serve as the primary touchpoint for our sales brokers and key retail partners.
This is the perfect role for a sales leader that enjoys being scrappy and is ready to roll up their sleeves immediately. We are looking for a National Sales Director that has the experience to build a strategic plan as well as the ability to execute day-to-day responsibilities such as: key account management, planning and forecasting, data analysis, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs and in-store execution.
Drive Gross Sales
- Achieve volume targets by effectively selling into key accounts and driving significant distribution gains
- Lead our sales broker to deliver results
- Secure fair share of shelf and optimal placement
- Build an accurate sales forecast
Achieve Net Sales Targets & Manage Trade Spend:
- Focus on sales initiatives that deliver our financial plan
- Measure trade promotions and review performance vs. plan
- Monitor trade execution, efficiency, and impact to P&L.
- Facilitate timely deduction clearing
- Create and implement an annual trade planning process that includes slotting and customer-specific promotions.
Grow Market Share and Maintain Expert Knowledge of Our Category & Competition
- Proactively communicate and develop plans to grow sales and market share
- Identify business opportunities and close white space accounts
Own Customer Relationships and Provide Functional Leadership
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships and ensure proper communication of vital information
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers
- Regularly update and communicate progress to the CEO and business leadership team.
- Develop and monitor business scorecards. (Defining clear goals for: account penetration, sales, share and trade)
- Identify and attend trade shows and other relevant sales events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- +5-10 years of CPG sales experience with experience across both the Natural and Conventional channels.
- Direct responsibility for managing a Key Account or Sales Region.
- Experience with Headquarter Sales is strongly preferred (ie.Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, HEB etc.)
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retailers and managing brokers and distributors.
- Strong planning & organizational skills, excellent presentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint,Word and Outlook).
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity comp.
- Location: This role can either be based in our Bay Area HQ or remote. All U.S. based candidates will be considered.
- Travel: As required. Post COVID, you should anticipate 1-2 trips per month (depending on how sales procedures evolve)
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover Letter:100wordsorlesssharingwhyyouareinterestedinthis role and why you would be a good fit.
- Resume: Detailing past roles and experiences.
- Send to:Careers@adozencousins.com