Director of E-Commerce
Red Clay Hot SauceApply for this Job
The Director of E-Commerce reports to the CEO and will be a key member of the Red Clay team. The company’s two main e-commerce channels (its own website & Amazon) make up over 50% of gross annual revenue, thus this position will lead a significant part of the company’s growth & success. This role will determine, develop, and deploy a comprehensive strategy to sell all Red Clay’s products direct to consumers. The ideal candidate will gain a deep understanding of the Red Clay consumer and build a first-in-class customer experience online. This role will develop and lead a go-to-market strategy, build/manage a team and meet critical deadlines & revenue goals. There’s significant growth happening at Red Clay (and we’re just getting started!), so this is an exciting time to join the team.
- Lead Red Clay’s e-commerce platforms (Shopify & Amazon) and realize the company’s strategic goals for continued growth across direct-to-consumer channels.
- Manage the P&L, budgeting & forecasting process (taking responsibility for digital budgets and digital spending)
- Develop and execute on-brand customer experience strategy and content calendar for digital channels to achieve strategic and financial goals
- Possess a strong understanding of the Red Clay brand (look/feel/voice) and the ability to work with Marketing to craft beautiful on-brand platforms, partnerships, ads and content
- Partner with Marketing to develop e-commerce focused innovation and activation plans that drive awareness, conversion, and loyalty
- Oversee digital investment plan development and activate across appropriate media channels (incorporating necessary and up-to-date rationale and research)
- Provide thought leadership in digital media buying, including first-to-market/future opportunities and innovation
- Hire and manage an E-Commerce team or any third-party vendor to realize Red Clay’s business goals for digital channels
- Minimum 7 years of experience in E-Commerce
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Food & Bev CPG industry
- 3+ years of experience managing a large B2C ecommerce store or similar sales funnel experience (adept knowledge of Shopify and Amazon Seller Central)
- 2+ years of experience in managing a web development team and budget
- Bachelor's or MBA degree
- Highly influential and capable of driving business priorities with internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in forecasting with an ability to confidently plan and prepare for growth
- Proven ability to gather customer insights and translate them into actionable information and a beautiful, best-in-class customer experience
- Open and able to quickly learn the business and stretch through different functional competencies
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm to join a great, top-performing team and high-growth CPG business!