District Sales Manager
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High CountryApply for Job
As a part of the Sales Team, the District Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales and delivery functions for an assigned geographical territory. The District Sales Manager has direct management and leadership responsibility for the sales and delivery team for his/her territory and is responsible for the direction, execution and proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management to ensure expected revenue and volume goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and mentor sales team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment.
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
- Grow revenue through volume and net pricing.
- Grow gross profit through product mix, reduced cost of goods, volume and net pricing.
- Ensure training of new hires and ongoing training of sales team.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that ensure a safe working environment is provided and ensure employees are trained on safe working techniques in the trade.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment, implement employee incentive programs and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Make proper asset placement and removal decisions.
- Set performance goals according to CCBCHC goals and objectives.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ensure neat appearance of all CCBCHC equipment and product in assigned accounts.
- Perform required vehicle checks.
- Maintain CCBCHC quality assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities
- Work with management team to ensure appropriate handling of personnel matters including hiring for open positions, evaluating performance, and taking appropriate actions in the event of under-performance.
- Provide strategic leadership and build capability through coaching and development on the company’s overall business model, goals and objectives.
- Include management staff in planning, decision-making, and process improvement.
- Identify and mitigate potential personnel risks.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business or 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical to managing this business.
- Class A CDL preferred. May be required in some locations.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent prioritizing & decision-making skills are required. Must display strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management and route sales personnel.
- Strong selling and relationship development skills.
- Ability to lead and drive sustainable change through employee engagement.
- Valid driver’s license and a motor vehicle driving history that meets CCBCHC guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the business & industry.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication – Ability to effectively, clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Decision Making – Display willingness to make critical decisions while following company practices.
- Delegation – Ability to delegate work, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Enthusiasm – Ability to bring energy to the day to day as well as long-term tasks and plans.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Leadership – Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; accept feedback.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Reliability – Demonstrate regular attendance and availability to staff and management.
- Quality Management – Demonstrate commitment to improve and promote quality in all operating areas.
- Safety & Security – Promote and personally observe safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Honesty, Integrity, Trust & Respect – Must be seen as truthful and credible and exhibit respectful behavior in all actions representing the company.
- Work in an office and trade environment; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time. Proper lifting technique needed when helping in trade setting.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal.
- Must be able to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- The noise level in the work environment can be moderately noisy due to manufacturing and/or warehousing equipment in operation.
- Must be willing to travel to other company locations approximately 10% and attend out-of-town training and/or seminars.
This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company High country is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, requires pre-employment drug testing for all positions and adheres to an Alcohol & Drug-Free Workplace.