Belgian BoysApply for this Job
Belgian Boys is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to undertake all aspects of the accounting department including corporate accounting, cash management, financial reporting and development of internal control policies and procedures. We are looking for someone who is experienced, dedicated, and self-driven who will be excited to achieve ambitious goals. This role is hybrid with both remote and option to work from our HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
- Manage all financial and accounting operations, including monthly and year end close
- Timely preparation and publishing of monthly financial statements according to GAAP
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maximization of POS/ECOM reporting capabilities
- Manage the implementation of internal controls, including the safeguarding of cash transactions at retail and inventory controls
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Wholesale CPG industry experience
- E-commerce, consumer products & online stores (such as Shopify) experience a big plus
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with inventory accounting/tracking and creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- 100% target-oriented, with a sharp analytical mind
- Brilliant communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Desire to be part of a small business team
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
Our story begins with Skinny & Chubby, two friends now living in New York and missing the fine European goodies from their Belgian childhood. Their dream became a reality and Belgian Boys was born. The concept was to manufacture premium products in Europe and share these extraordinary snacks and goodies worldwide. With competitive pricing, whimsical “disruptive” packaging and unparalleled energy and passion, we follow the boys, on their journey as they stir up trouble and share their love for authentic European treats.
Total Rewards Package: Salary DOE + all the cookies you can eat.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “I want to join the Belgian Boys Team"