Watkins DistributingApply for this Job
The Category Development Manager works directly with our retail customers and internal sales management by analyzing data and building shelf schematics in a way that best fits both internal and external customer objectives. They are responsible for efficient and effective management of assigned chains and independent stores, including execution of the bi-annual and as needed reset process at store level. This role is also responsible for analyzing trends and identifying opportunities using sales data that will assist internal managers, suppliers, and customers in attaining sales goals.
This person will be tech savy and a strong analytical thinker with a background category management or data analysis. They will be able to build relationships with both internal and external customers to reach mutual goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support our customer’s shelf set development plan through every phase of the category review, construction of the shelf set, and execution of the set at store level.
- Work directly with team leaders and sales managers on executing distribution goals and KPI’s
- Communicate opportunities and recommend fact-based action plans to retailers and internal teams.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy on all planograms within the shelf space management system.
- Become an expert at the space planning program and be able to trouble shoot issues with program developers.
- Provide shelf set information for suppliers, customers, and internal managers
- Meet specific retailer needs by determining appropriate movement/performance metrics
- Execute bi-annual and as needed resets at the retail level and act as the shelf set captain for specific chain and independent retailers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or relevant work experience in food/beverage retail or distribution
- Experience in category management and space planning software- JDA Space Planning preferred
- Tech savy and computer literate with ability to use all related hardware and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Able to lift 15-20lbs consistently on an occasional basis
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Working conditions may vary based on daily duties, typical hours are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday in an office environment. On reset days, start times can fluctuate and begin as early as 5:00am at any one of our retailers within the territory. During resets, you must be able to quickly move and lift 15-20lbs consistently and work collaboratively with a variety of different people.
Compensation: Salary - depends on experience, plus full benefits, 401K match and profit sharing.