Russian River Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Russian River Brewing Company is seeking a full time Restaurant Manager at our Windsor, CA location to join our team! If you are passionate about craft beer, pub food, and providing an exceptional customer experience, we invite you to review our description below. If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Restaurant Manager directs and manages all Windsor Pub and Gift Shop operations and activities to ensure outstanding customer service, satisfied customers, smooth running operations, a comfortable and clean environment, and safe and happy working conditions for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensures customers are receiving excellent and personable service at all times
- Effectively manages all pub and gift shop employees while utilizing strong leadership skills and abilities to motivate, nurture, and guide the entire team
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Responsible for hiring, training, and counseling direct reports
- Responsible for notifying owners and HR about any negative employee, customer or other situations immediately that could be harmful to the company, customers or staff
- Ensures all administrative duties and responsibilities are completed in a timely manner, (responding to emails, voice mails, other department requests)
- Ensures all company cash, credit card receipts, and employee tips are accurate, handled honestly and ethically
- Handles any pub-related repairs maintenance by performing, delegating or outsourcing the work
- Maintains appropriate restaurant supplies while watching spending
- Closely monitors and controls all food, beverage and other COGS
- Supervises all operations of pub and gift shop with the best interests of the company finances and following all federal, state and local laws, regulations and health orders
- Monitors expenditures to ensure spending stays within budget
- Creates, maintains, and posts shift schedules at least 2 weeks in advance
- Closely manages workflow of restaurant and gift shop staff with respect to work schedules, overtime, and efficiency
- Reviews time cards and approves payroll on a biweekly basis
- Communicates and enforces strict cleaning and sanitary practices for all areas, indoors and outdoors, for the pub, gift shop, and any other customer facing areas
This position manages the pub and retail staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effectively supervise, motivate, give direction, counsel, and lead others
- Knows California alcohol beverage laws, RBS or other related training a plus
- Knows how to provide excellent customer service and evaluate the level of customer satisfaction
- Must be able to perform basic business math including spreadsheet calculations
- Competent at performing basic subordinates’ duties and tasks such as hosting, running food, bussing, bartending, etc.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in leadership and supervisory skills and techniques, and coordination of people and resources
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral, written and customer service skills with clear and effective communication
- Has the ability to give full attention to customers, coworkers, and others
- Possesses good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions in the best interest of the company, its employees and customers in mind
- Has the ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage time
- Must be able to deal with a diverse staff and handle difficult situations while working under pressure
- Possesses versatility, flexibility, positivity and a willingness to work with constantly changing circumstances
- Works as a team member
- Has the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Possesses a high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant or hospitality management is preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate.
- Minimum of three years restaurant management experience required
- Minimum of five years hospitality experience required
- Knowledge about craft beer styles and the industry is desired
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, payroll systems and staff scheduling software (Hot Schedules or equivalent)
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and greeting and assisting customers, as well as written communication. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use fingers, grasp, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 55 pounds, and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above and below the shoulder is sometimes required. The employee occasionally may need to operate a motor vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Requires weekend and evening work
- Occasional travel is required
Russian River Brewing Company offers a fun and challenging work environment with some serious perks as group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/FSA, and pet insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick and holidays, as well as discounts on beer/food/merchandise.
Russian River Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and we use e-verify.