Controller - Corporate offices (Redlands or Orange County, CA) some Remote
Hanger 24 Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Hangar 24 is seeking a Controller to join its senior leadership team at their headquarters in Redlands, California. Hangar 24 is an independently owned craft brewery, driven by its mission to provide their fiercely loyal following with consistently great American-made craft beer. Hangar 24’s breweries are designed and operate with the belief that the adventures we share can make our world a better place and that we have the power to craft the kind of world we want to live in. If you have a similar love for adventure and are committed to the pursuit of excellence in craft beer, this may be the opportunity for you.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operations functions:
- Inventory Management
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff.
Hangar 24 operates our business operations M – F, 8-5. This position can operate in Redlands or Irvine as well as remotely. Will require some occasional travel to all locations to interface with department heads. Medical Benefits, life insurance and vacation as well as a 401K matching plan are included with this position.
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Managing processes
- Manufacturing experience Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
- Experience with Sage a bonus, but not required
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or relevant experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements