Sasquatch Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Sasquatch Brewing Co. is a small craft brewery in Portland, OR. In 2017 we opened our Production Facility in the NW Industrial Area of Portland where we now produce beer and cider.
A Packaging Operator contributes to the production operations of Sasquatch Brewing Co. by working in a semi-autonomous packaging team. This role ensures that quality is being maintained throughout the entire packaging process and that all procedures are being followed, with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Packaging of beer & cider into cans or kegs following all standard operating procedures.
- Operate all aspects of packaging including CIP, filler operation, quality checks, data tracking, palletizing, and movement of finished materials.
- Working closely with the production team to ensure orders are fulfilled.
- Documentation of key quality parameters and verifying beer and cider meets specifications.
- Clean in place of fillers, product lines, and any applicable equipment
- Filler maintenance and upkeep, as well as inventory management.
- Ability to troubleshoot packaging equipment and communicate issues to management.
- Keeping production areas clean and organized at all times.
- Communicating with management and other team members on the status of packaging.
- Organize, track, and audit inventory of cans, ends, corrugate, labels, and all other packaging supplies.
- Tracking package quality of finished beer (dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide, shelf-life, etc.)
- Other brewery-related tasks that may require assistance.
- Any other duties delegated to by a supervisor/manager.
- Previous experience in packaging is strongly suggested but not required.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a manner that will ensure the employee and teams safety.
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitation requirements in the food and beverage industry.
- Have or able to obtain OLCC permit.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Organized and accurate record keeping.
- Able to frequently lift heavy materials (up to 55 lbs) shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a non-temperature-controlled environment, handling of hazardous materials, and exposure to complex machinery.
- Ability to work in refrigerated, damp and wet environments.
- Ability to work on a ladder periodically.
- Be able to operate a forklift, or become forklift certified.
- OT may be required, including occasional weekend work.
Sasquatch Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, PTO, 401k and, of course, free beer!