Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.Apply for Job
The EH&S Specialist assists in the development of the EH&S programs with the EH&S Manager. The EH&S Specialist is an expert resource for our employees and a key component for us as we continue to grow our safety culture. The Specialist will be responsible to develop, implement and sustain EH&S programs. This position will build relationships with different teams from across the brewery and leverage these relationships to teach employees the importance of working safe. The Specialist creates value for the company by helping to create and drive programs, while developing and implementing instructor lead training sessions that will keep the Sierra Nevada team safe.
• Incident data analysis, trending, and report development
• Assists with the adherence to environmental compliance, management of certificates of insurance and safety data sheets (SDS's)
• Manage worker’s compensation claims for designated sites/groups
• Maintain and drive hazard recognition programs, including “Hidden Dangers” to reduce risk • Develop/review and coordinate annual life safety training (Confined Space, LOTO and Fall Protection, etc.)
• Develop and manage instructor lead training sessions for OSHA and EPA required regulations
• Track and file insurance information, ensuring consistent coverage documentation for all business functions & events on-site • Perform EHS program audits for consistency and compliance
• Develop and implement strategies and training for continuous improvement based leading indicators.
• Remain current with all Federal and State safety and environmental policies and regulations.
• Maintain the highest possible standard of customer service, listen and responds to guest, employee concerns or questions
• Enforces and documents infractions to company policies for guests and employees conduct and advises management where appropriate.
• Responds to calls for service throughout the property and applies appropriate measures to resolve the situation
• Use radio, and cell phone as necessary to communicate
• During serious emergencies, may be assigned to assist in the evacuation of the brewery
• In the absence of the EHS manager the Specialist becomes acting manager• Performs other duties as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred AND a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience directly in EHS or related field or a combined equivalent amount of experience
• Advanced safety or environmental certification required
• Experience with training content development preferred
• Comfortable leading training in front of groups of all levels of the organization
• Experience in Worker’s Compensation claims administration is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of the company
• Application of analysis capabilities to compel change for EHS performance improvement • Good Communicator with strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate across the organization
• Attention to detail
• Customer service focused
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Will be working at a computer station completing the tasks outlined in the requirements approximately 60% of the time. The other 40% of their time will be interaction with team members and coworkers.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection. The employee must be able to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance, and maneuver 60 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs and ladders.
- Occasional travel required for training
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer