Pikes Peak BrewingApply for this Job
Pikes Peak Brewing is looking for a talented, motivated brewer to add to our award winning, brewing team. This person will help in all aspects of the brewing process based on the schedule, but will specialize in wort production and cellar movement.
Duties and requirements will include
- Proper sampling and analysis of fermenting and finished beer.
- Responsible for wort production on any of our brewhouses from a 10bbl pub system to a 30bbl 3 vessel pneumatic Brewhouse including but not limited to raw material handling, milling, mash/lauter operation, wort boiling, cooling, and CIP
- Responsible for CIP and preparation of fermentation and bright beer tanks
- Responsible for finished beer handling including but not limited to carbonation, DO monitoring and recording, and packaging preparation.
- Responsible for proper handling of yeast
- Review completed process paperwork and ensure accurate data entry in Ekos.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work space
- Communicate clearly and accept communication efforts
- Work closely with Head Brewer and peer staff to execute and pass off tasks effectively
- Maintain a sanitary environment, which includes but not limited to cleaning floors, walls, tanks and ceilings.
- Participate in company events as needed
- Willingness to work occasional weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Strictly follow recipes and standard operating procedures while recommending ways of improving them.
- Safely operate Powered Industrial Trucks such as a forklift and scissor lift.
- Ability to do what is required to produce quality, consistent beer
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years experience in a production or brewpub setting, with some experience in wort production.
- Familiarization with Google G suite products (gmail, sheets, drive, etc.).
- Familiarization with Ekos brewery management software.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Frequent lifting: up to 55 lbs.
- Frequent moving: up to 165 lbs.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating production and packaging equipment, driving a forklift, and operating pallet jacks
- The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a brewery environment
- The position generally involves continuous standing, frequent walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate to heavy carrying, frequent bending and reaching, frequent climbing of stairs and ladders, and in-person communication
Pikes Peak Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Pikes Peak Brewing encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to well anything... especially race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.