National Account Manager
Blake's Hard Cider Co.Apply for this Job
The Blake’s Hard Cider (BHC) National Account Manager’s main function is to help lead the overall national account strategy including, but not limited to, brand priority by package by segment (Off/On) chain retailer, programming, discounting/promotions, forecasting and planning. The role will serve as a mentor and leader to the other members of the Blake’s sales team and will work with BHC Management to effectively position the entire sales team to be successful across all Key Account segments in all sales territories present and future. This position reports to the Vice President of BHC.
- Model and always adhere to the Blake’s Servant Leadership philosophy and values, including our commitment to inclusion, quality, profitability, our co-workers, and our community.
- Develop and execute chain strategies that stimulate and support BHC volume growth, increase chain presence through new points of distribution and programming that focus on customer needs, company sales objectives and revenue growth goals.
- Lead communication, planning, coordination and execution of all Key Account Meetings with all current and prospective Key Account retail partners. Conduct consistent and regular meetings with identified/assigned customer targets/prospects.
- Communicate regularly with VP and Regional Sales Managers to ensure communication and execution of opportunities within sales territories.
- Work closely with VP in forecasting, goal setting, tracking and auditing authorized and mandated POD’s and programming.
- Work individually, with distributor partners and Regional Sales Managers to uncover new Key Account opportunities throughout our distribution footprint.
- Assist with and participate in annual distributor ABP Meetings.
- Work with VP to create quarterly trade call frequency schedules that includes regular market and retail visits to our current and prospective Key Account partners.
- Understand how to navigate the current climate of the hard cider segment by positioning Blake’s as the pre-eminent independent craft hard cider and prospective independent craft beverage company in the industry able to provide the highest quality products to suit the needs of the retail customer and their consumers.
- Organize, manage and update all individual account and retail banner profiles including all points of communication for all Key Account partners.
- Develop and maintain a shared master calendar of all Key Account presentation dates, reset dates, programming, ads, promotional/sampling opportunities etc.
- Effectively communicate all relevant Key Account information to BHC stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage Blake’s total National Key Account performance metrics.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reviews for total national account base including measuring POD’s, volume vs. goals, and budgets.
- Communicate ads, displays, promotional pricing, etc. to distributors and track execution and ROI on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Share monthly gap reports with distributor for assigned chain accounts and work to maintain 100% compliance.
- Work closely with VP, Regional Sales Managers & distributors to ensure proper inventories to support all key account programming activity.
- Perform administrative tasks in a timely fashion (Expensify, Paylocity & VIP Karma Tasks)
- Assist in identifying new Key Account partners in current non-distribution states to determine viability and opportunity in pursuing new sales territories, regions or states.
- Represent Blake’s Hard Cider at various events & meetings that support the company at large.
- Thorough understanding of distribution and the 3-tier system.
- Ability to successfully manage and utilize budgets to support BHC sales volume & distribution goals.
- 3-5+ years of National Account Management experience in the alcohol space is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant experience or related field
- Established relationship/contact base for national accounts and demonstrated track record of success in Key Accounts
- Distributor management experience
- Ability to build effective presentations that tell the one-of-a-kind story of Blake’s.
- Ability to travel extensively if necessary while working a flexible schedule.
- Ability to regularly travel to all assigned territories as well as to Blake Farms in Armada, MI.
- Advanced Knowledge of VIP, IRI (Armadillo Insights) and/or Nielsen and the ability to analyze statistical data, identify trends and simply convey nuanced and specific relevant information into actionable objectives & goals.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and comprehensive auto insurance for a reliable source of transportation.
- The desire and willingness to do “whatever it takes”, “help each other be successful”, to have “full accountability to each other” and to “treat our customers like guests in our home and our fellow employees like family”.
- A passion for our business, our partners, our customers, our consumers and all members of our Blake’s Family.
The Blake’s family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.