SanTan Brewing CompanyApply for Job
SanTan Brewing & Distilling, Arizona’s largest independently owned craft brewery and distillery, is seeking qualified candidates to join our team at our production facility in Chandler, Arizona (metro Phoenix area). We're growing again and want to bring on more people focused on quality and consistency.
General responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Raw ingredient receiving/management
• Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
• Perform cellar duties (filter, carbonate, transfer/keg)
• Ensuring that the paper work and associated reporting is done accurately and on time
• Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
• Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
• CIP/Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and brite beer tanks)
• Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
• Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Availability to rotate in to closing shift, typically 3 pm – 11 pm and open shift, typically 5 am – 1 pm
• 1 year of experience working in multiple facets of a brewery
• Strong technical knowledge of brewing, fermentation and the finishing stage of beer production
• Fermentation/Brewing degree or certificate from an accredited college
• Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
• A great attitude and passion for craft beer!
All candidates are expected to be able to:
• Have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency, constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of “always improving”.
• Lift up to 65 pounds repeatedly and maneuver 175 lbs. kegs as needed.
• Twist/turn, reach over shoulders and stand/walk on a continual basis.
• Work on your feet for over eight hours at a time.
• Work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
• Work safely with chemicals of varying composition.
• Work in damp/wet areas.
• Multi-task and follow standard operating procedures.
• Work independently as well as be a team player.
• Possess a strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as necessary
• Possess a desire to learn and grow with the company and maintain a positive attitude
• Operate a pallet jack and complete forklift certification
• Be an open and good communicator. Respect for fellow co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
SanTan Brewing & Distilling is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following perks for Brewers:
• Competitive pay rates
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits available after 60 days employment (employer covers half of medical premium).
• 40 hours/year Paid Sick Time (PST) – Accrues at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
• Meal discounts of 50% off the menu price excluding Happy Hour and Kid’s Menu items for
brewer whenever dining at the establishment.
• Five day work week (90% of the time).
• Pay raises based on performance.
All interested parties go to https://santanbrewing.com/careers/, fill out the application and upload your resume.