Fiddlehead Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Brewery Staff are responsible for the day to day brewing operations from receipt of raw materials, brewing, and cellaring in preparation for packaging while adhering to recipes and SOPs to achieve the best possible consistency in Fiddlehead beers.
- Participate in all brewery operations including, but not limited to: Wort production, hop handling, malt handling, spent grain handling, yeast harvesting, transferring beer, dry hopping, packaging, CIP cycles , and general cleaning/organizing. - Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by the Head Brewer and Brewery Owner.
- Perform quality control checks of beer throughout the brewing, fermentation, and packaging processes. Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Safety & Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a weekly/monthly basis as required and follow all Cleaning & Maintenance Schedules.
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Follow all company policies & procedures
-Strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery which may require weekends, and holidays.
- Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties as expected
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment as well as delays or unexpected events. - Dependability: Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Minimum of 2 years brewery experience
- Analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
- Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and move 150 lbs. along the floor.
- Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
- Work in small and confined spaces.
- Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
- Work in a loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
Competitive pay, 401K with profit sharing, Medical Insurance, paid holidays and PTO