Director of Sales, Wholesale (Relocate to Vermont)
Lake Champlain ChocolatesApply for Job
Lead, direct, and develop the B2B sales team of this premiere chocolate company and B-Corp. Achieve short and long-range strategic objectives through successful planning and execution of sales strategies for all channels, and manage the entire range of sales planning and development, sales promotion, and new business development activities.
Partial List of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but significant, relevant experience (especially in combination with applicable education and training) will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five or more years of sales leadership and management experience (in-person and virtually), with a strong preference for knowledge of specialty, organic, and natural food industry.
- Proven success selling extensively into a variety of channels, including regional and national supermarket chains and club stores, and major third-party distributors, such as UNFI.
- Demonstrated leadership in building, leading, and managing high performing teams that collaborate well in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in a B Corp or values-driven organization highly valued.
- Strategic and critical thinker who is action oriented, collaborative, and exudes a high degree of optimism.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Works closely with Marketing, R&D, and other departments to ensure integrated business planning and performance to meet revenue growth, profitability, and sustainability goals.
- Will contribute to furthering an inclusive and welcoming approach to doing business.
- Key areas of responsibility: Leadership and Strategy, Sales Management and Reporting, and People Management.
Compensation and Benefits for the Director of Sales
- Base salary and incentive compensation commensurate with incumbent’s qualifications.
- Well-rounded benefit package includes: health, dental, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with employer match; paid sick, vacation, and holiday time; paid parental leave; and product discounts (yes, discounts on their delicious chocolate!)
A temporary remote work arrangement will be considered until it is safe to relocate to the Burlington, Vermont area.