Director of Sales
Dang FoodsApply for this Job
Dang makes Asian-American snacks that are creative combinations of Eastern and Western flavors and ingredients, including our famous original Coconut Chips, our street snack-inspired Thai Rice Chips, and our keto-friendly Bars made with some of our favorite Asian flavors like Lemon Matcha. Its products are Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, and mostly plant-based. The Company is a Certified B Corp, meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance. Are you modest, ambitious, and hard working? Do you like better-for-you food and international cuisine? Do you want to make a big impact at a lean startup? Dang Foods might be the right place for you.
The top priorities of the Director of Sales are to:
- · Manage brokers (Presence/Dynamic, Foodservice, Retailer and distributor-specific broker groups).
- · Manage distributors to ensure appropriate inventory levels and service to our customers.
- · Successfully launch line extensions and new product lines.
- · Increase per-store sales velocity by designing an appropriate promo plan for each customer and managing and analyzing trade spend.
- · Appraise non-traditional channels (C-store, foodservice), and manage strategic entry to those channels.
- · Perform customer assessments and institute changes to improve product positioning in light of market trends and competitor actions.
- · Contribute to forecasting systems for us to manage our growth.
- · Maintain regular communication and contribute to the team effort across the company
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can manage many tasks and has extraordinary interpersonal skillsand analytical ability. They carry have a bias toward action, is scrappy and hungry, and has extremely high standards as well as high IQ and EQ. Working with a sense of urgency is common among Dangsters. The successful candidate will be motivated by developing our business and can lay out a strategic map for themselves and put it into action. This is the perfect role for a professional seeking a highly impactful, leadership position within a fast growing company.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and skills
- · Experience in the launching of new products.
- · High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs.
Dang Core Values:
Work Smart: We prepare, continually learn, analyze data, and track metrics.
Clarity: We’re accountable, transparent, and give concrete feedback.
Safety: We’re mindful of others.
Play: We laugh, create, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Modesty: We share credit, under-promise, and over-perform.
Extensive travel (50 %+).
Our office is located in Berkeley, CA but candidate may work from home. Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential + Equity + Health/Vision/Dental Benefits. In your cover letter, please tell us what your favorite snack is, and why you are interested in Dang Foods. Please read more about us at: http://www.dangfoods.com.