Director of Sales
RIND SnacksApply for this Job
RIND Snacks® makes a line of bold, tangy and naturally sweet dried fruit snacks that are big on flavor and function and light on waste. We keep the skin on our slices of the most delicious sun-ripened superfruits to maximize nutrients like fiber, potassium and vitamin C while minimizing unnecessary food waste. RIND’s mission is to help consumers snack better and do better by eating the fruit, the whole fruit and nothing but the fruit. For more fruitful snacking – Keep it Real. Eat the Peel!
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director of Sales who will be responsible for helping to manage our entire wholesale/retail sales channel. You will be prioritizing growth by driving new opportunities while also increasing volume with existing retail. You will spend significant time working hand-in-hand with and inspiring our distribution partners, key accounts, and internal team to produce outsized returns on our sales investment efforts.
The DoS will work directly with the company’s founders to develop, implement, and execute the sales and promotion strategies for the brand. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is hungry to help build a young brand from the ground up and has at least five years of experience in a sales leadership role with a proven track record of growing brands in the food and beverage space.
This position will be remote and can be done anywhere in the US.
- Collaborate with executive management team to develop and implement annual sales strategy
- Establish and manage partnerships with new and existing distributors and key retailers
- Develop and communicate monthly volume and distribution goals to achieve overall objectives for each market
- Conceive and execute big-picture short- and long-term plans for portfolio structure, territory expansion, marketing support, budgets, sales forecasts by SKU, and distributors
- Translate overarching strategy into clear, locally executable plans and focus resources within each territory accordingly
- Design and implement incentive programs intended to motivate distribution partners to maximize sales objectives
- Manage key retailers by establishing promotional calendars, new items, trade spend, post-promotion analysis, and retail programs
- Create innovative presentations for prospective distribution and retail partners designed to build excitement around the brand
- Lead, motivate, and train a team of sales staff to deliver results by establishing goals for each territory and key customer
- Be accountable for cost containment and growth of revenue, profit, and volume
- Represent the company at various industry and/or business meetings to promote the company. Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- A passion for RIND, healthy snacking and what our brand represents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater with at least 7 years of sales leadership experience
- Extremely motivated to make an impact and truly build a brand from the ground up
- Enthusiastic about working for an early stage company and eager to create a category leader
- Established relationships with key retail accounts and distributors across the country
- Proven track record of brand building in the snack space
- Advanced knowledge of channel analysis and category management
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in MS Office applications
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Equity grants and options for the right candidate
- Full benefits coverage (health, vision, dental)
- Product samples!