National Grocery Sales Director
BranchOutApply for this Job
About BranchOut Foods
BranchOut Foods is a new startup with a mission to make healthier snacks and superfood powders from dried fruits that are as nutritious as mother nature intended. Our patented GentalDry™ Technology is a new, low temperature drying method that maintains a fruit’s natural color, flavor, and nutrients. Our technology enables BranchOut to be the first and only company that can dehydrate avocados and other sensitive fruit. Our snacks are made from fresh avocados, bananas and pineapple that were never frozen, oxidized or excessively heated, making for some of the most unique and natural snacks and powders on the planet.
This is the perfect role for a sales leader that enjoys being scrappy and is ready to roll up their sleeves at the ground floor. We are looking for a National Grocery Sales Director that has the experience building and delivering on a strategic growth plan, as well as the ability to execute day to day responsibilities such as: key account management, planning and forecasting, new product launches, marketing & trade programs and in-store execution.
TOP PRIORITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF SALES:
- The candidate will have the ability to leverage existing relationships and know-how to gain new distribution across the national Natural/Conventional Grocery Channel.
- Sell the BranchOut snack line into the natural snack set, Produce Departments, and other strategic sets within the Grocery Channel.
- Sell the BranchOut Fruit Powder line into the Nutritional set, HABA, Produce, baking set and other strategic sets within the Grocery Channel.
- Build and manage broker teams to gain national coverage.
- Manage distributors to ensure appropriate inventory levels and service to our customers.
- Increase per-store sales velocity by designing an appropriate promo plan for each customer and managing and analyzing trade spend.
- Appraise non-traditional channels such as foodservice, mass, drug, vending, airlines, etc., and manage strategic entry to new channels.
- Perform customer assessments and institute changes to improve product positioning in light of market trends and competitor actions.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the CPG industry to secure new business and maximize product line extensions.
- Build and maintain close relationships with all category managers, brokers, distributors, and lead annual JBP processes with strategic retailers.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team and cross-functionally with marketing, operations, finance, etc. to achieve monthly/quarterly/annual objectives.
- Represent BranchOut at retail meetings, wholesale meetings, broker meetings, industry meetings and all trade events.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can manage many tasks and has extraordinary interpersonal skills and analytical ability. They have extremely high standards and work with a sense of urgency. The successful candidate will be motivated by developing our business and can lay out a strategic map for themselves and put it into action. This is the perfect role for a professional seeking a highly impactful position within a fast growing company.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience in launching new products into retail.
High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Google Docs.
10+ years experience in CPG sales, in the food or beverage industry.
Demonstrated experience with New Business Development
Understanding of and passion for working in a high-growth/fast paced environment.
Travel 25 % +
Our office is located in Bend, Oregon. This position is full time and can be remote. Please read more about us at: branchoutfood dot com
BranchOut Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.