Mountain Valley Mid-AtlanticApply for this Job
Mountain Valley Mid-Atlantic is seeking a leader for the position of Route Manager who aspires to progress within the business.
We are small, locally based company delivering America’s premier bottled water to homes, offices and retailers with a hyper-focus on superior customer service.
The Route Manager works at a supervisory level reporting to the onsite President of Operations. There is an expectation that the Route Manager will grow within the company into a General Manager capacity.
The Route Manager is responsible for managing and motivating 5-7 route drivers, delivery vehicles while ensuring safe, on-time deliveries and first in class customer service. Additionally, the Route Manager will participate in inventory planning, customer service interaction and the development and execution of company sales goals and budgets.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Routes and Customer Service
- Schedule routes and drivers and arrange cover for absentees
- Manage efficient route structure, productivity, and asset/resource utilization
- Execute and enforce accountability of safety standards and compliance
- Monitor, manage and coach the performance of driver team including hiring, training, retention and disciplinary procedures
- Serve as a point of contact for customer calls & follow- up, coordinate with the customer service team on overall issue resolution
Inventory and Maintenance
- Conduct and monitor pre- and post-trip inspections of vehicles and follow scheduled maintenance requirements
- Ensure load-in and load out inventory counts are carried out and recorded each day
- Manage drivers and warehouse staff on loading adequate inventory for daily routes
- Participate in inventory planning and order placement to avoid out of stocks
- Develop staffing suggestions and recommendations to improve overall efficiency of business operations
- Create sales and marketing plans to accelerate business growth and generate new customers
- Review financial and sales reports and adhere to KPI’s on growth, profitability, cost control and productivity
- Develop and implement policies and procedures consistent with company operating and growth plans
Education, experience and skill sets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in direct-to-consumer delivery and leadership positions
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification
- Physical ability to lift 40-65 lb. bottles and cases
- Awareness of workplace safety and security with good observational skills
- Clear speech and communication with an ability to motivate and inspire others
- Calm decision-making skills and confidence to work with minimal supervision
- Assertiveness for dealing with difficult issues and problems
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Good at working with a wide variety of people. A polite empathic manner with consumers
- Basic PC and writing skills including Word, Excel and understanding of Route Management Software
Mountain Valley Mid-Atlantic is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class. Applicants must pass a background check and drug screening test.