Sr. Manager Sales - Grocery, Eastern US
Teton Waters RanchApply for this Job
The Sr. Manager Sales – Grocery, Eastern US will help drive sales with Conventional Grocery Retailers in the Eastern US. The Sr. Manager Sales will focus their efforts on further penetrating into new customers, drive accelerated growth within existing customers and drive growth across a diverse customer base. The Sr. Manager of Sales will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Marketing, Supply Chain/Operations and Finance to drive profitable sales and market share growth while achieving company-wide objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the growth of the business within the Eastern US. Key retailers include Regional chains in Eastern half of US, Kroger, Publix, Ahold and Safeway/Albertson’s banners.
- Works closely with broker network to achieve business objectives and manages relationship to accelerate growth at both the retailer and distributor level.
- Accountable for setting, driving, and achieving customer-specific goals with respect to revenue and gross margin growth, profitability by product by customer, existing and new product distribution and placement, and pricing & promotions strategies.
- Recognizes corporate goals and balances the need for profit versus volume; develops, contributes, and implements ideas for execution of plans that deliver the appropriate balance between these two.
- Interacts with peers and other employees in a manner that reflects leadership, fosters open two-way communications, and contributes to superior employee relations throughout the company.
- Collaborates in the customer planning process to develop a plan for customers that integrates the customer’s merchandising strategies with the company’s business and brand strategies. Ensuring customer and trade programs are developed and are executed to ensure delivery of business plans.
- Provides leadership in the areas of category management, account & operational analytics, development of data and fact-based strategies with tactics derived from these insights in order to grow volume and profitability for both customers and our business.
- Works with retailers’ distribution networks both direct and indirect such as C&S, KeHE, UNFI and others to meet retailers’ needs.
Sr. Manager Sales is a strategic and analytical team member who possesses a cutting-edge understanding of sophisticated, progressive sales approaches, strategies and has strong business acumen. The candidate should have a passion for a business that is focused on building a better food system that is healthy, humane and regenerative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a similar discipline.
- 5-7 years of progressively senior customer- management roles in top-tier, well-regarded companies.
- Foundational training in consumer-packaged goods and prefer recent time spent selling packaged meat products.
- A proven track-record of profitably growing a business, having developed and implemented the appropriate processes necessary to drive and manage a business.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver outstanding results from a quality of
customer service, revenue and profitability perspective.
- Effectively managed day to day relationships and a network of sales & marketing brokers.
- Proven success in effective management across a diverse and sophisticated customer
base: understanding and ability to leverage key customer insights and initiatives to build account strategies.
- Collaborates and works effectively across functions, giving and taking direction, establishing priorities and creating excitement and focus with those not in his/her direct line of responsibility.
- Combines the “art and science” of sales; passionate, results-oriented with “fire in the
Belly” to accomplish goals.
- Highly-motivated, self-starter with outstanding managerial leadership abilities, good business judgment, and well-developed business and financial management skills.
- Fact-based, decision-making with a pragmatic view of the marketplace and of the opportunities within it, but who also has recommended solutions at both a strategic and functional level.
- Key characteristics: presentable, articulate, goal-oriented, honest, integrity, ethical; outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written.
Travel required, anywhere from 40% to6 60% of the time. Candidate can be conveniently located in the eastern half of US.