Blackland DistilleryApply for this Job
Blackland Distillery is seeking a full-time employee to aide in distillation, production and facility operations. Primary job responsibility will be to operate with the distillery team. Daily responsibilities to include, but are not limited to; cooking, fermentation, distillation, proofing, barreling and bottling. Additionally, employee is expected to learn our system and practices on our fully-automated stills, as well learn and use Whiskey Systems and compliance with all federal and state regulations and taxation requirements.
Should have at least 1 year experience in one of the following fields.
- Beer production; or
- Distillation production;
- Plant process development and controls operation surrounding food operation.
- Desire to work and grow in the distillation industry
- Self-motivated individual
- Mechanical skills are a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to adapt and change directions on a whim
- Attention to detail is a plus
- Familiarity with TTB taxation and/or Whiskey Systems is a plus
The position will be required to function in a distillation brewery facility and/or warehouse environment. The individual will be exposed to the following conditions; loud noise, forklift, machinery with moving parts, variable temperatures, some deadlines.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Ability to lift 60 pounds frequently
- Will be required to stand, twist, bend, reach, and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to verbally communicate with employees and customers and to respond to verbal commands from others
- Must perform manual dexterity to operate a computer and other job related equipment