Sumter Original BreweryApply for this Job
Sumter Original Brewery is looking for an outstanding candidate to join us at our brewery based in Sumter, SC. A passion for craft beer, craft beverages, and craft food, as well as creating a strong connection with the local community, is a must. The ideal candidate will have a natural ability to work well under pressure all while keeping a positive demeanor and staying on task.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
- Ensures a fun, safe, and relaxing atmosphere and serves our world-class beer, beverages, and food for our customers.
- Able to explain the brewery’s history, current company involvement, craft beer and beverage portfolio, and short- and long-term vision.
- Builds strong team cohesion through the ability to listen, learn, and coach.
- Enables and empowers each individual team member to achieve personal and professional goals by always driving toward improvement.
- Oversees all Front of House staff, including hiring, firing, training, professional development, and performance management.
- Works with the Director of Hospitality to establish a strong team culture and create policies/procedures as needed to continually run day-to-day operations and exceed guest expectations.
- Collaborates with the Event Planner to properly plan for, staff, and execute private events.
- Responsible for all day to day financial procedures, personnel/payroll, and inventory-related duties.
- Ensures smooth front-of-house operation at all times; step in and assist staff as necessary during peak times.
- Embraces company-wide compliance programs and endures adherence.
- Execute all programming (i.e. public events, beer dinners, music, etc.) and operations at Sumter Original Brewery.
We strive to thrive everyday through our Core Values which define our culture and shape how we approach our customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a similar environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent understanding and execution of customer service
- Highly motivated, results-driven, detail-oriented, and ability to work and lead within a team environment
- Excellent communication and management skills; must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
- Proven ability to multi-task in a surrounding of continual change; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Capability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies, and achieve desired results
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles
- Understanding of financial statements
- Ability to work a variety of hours as business levels dictate