Stone BrewingApply for Job
Job Title: General Manager, Napa Bistro
Reports To: VP of Hospitality
The General Manager leads all Bistro Team Members to exceed the expectations of the company and the fans. Ensures the consistent planning, production, preparation and prompt delivery of great-tasting food and beverage prepared and presented to the exact specification as documented. Responsible for operational efficiency and profitability of Bistro related operations. Trains and retains new and experienced Team Members and continually develops them in their technical skills, “salesmanship”, food safety and sanitation knowledge. Creates an atmosphere in the restaurant that builds energy, fun and enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase check average.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all Bistro operations. Maintains forecasting and budgeting reports.
- Complete coverage of Bistro activities.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems. Adheres to highest levels of risk and safety.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Ensures facilities are properly maintained. Works in conjunction with facilities team to ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Meet with Events Team to discuss menus and essential details for all events.
- Monitor food and beverage quality and execution.
- Manage guest relations and service recovery.
- Attracts guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by meeting with vendors; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring and evaluating food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; and building relationships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
- Training team members and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work
- Recruit, hire and onboarding new team members
- Finalize, complete and offboard exiting team members both voluntary and involuntary
- Rewarding and disciplining team members
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems and creating and managing documentation as necessary
- Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including annual reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in hospitality management.
- Experience: At least 7 years of directly related experience and/or training as a General Manager or similar in high volume food/beverage service operation with sales in excess of $5 Million that includes management, food preparation, and front and/or back of the house positions; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Must have experience and knowledge of ABC laws for legal sale of alcohol.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Previous experience with Point of Sale systems is a must.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess a Servsafe and/or San Diego County Food Handlers Card, Manager Card preferred. Must possess a current RABS (Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service) training certificate. Certified Beer Server preferred.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: Must have reliable transportation. Occasional travel required to other Stone locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Adheres to company core values
- Must be an excellent role model, beer diplomat, and representative of Stone Brewing
- Excellent attendance
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills