Maplewood Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Entry Level Marketing Position with a focus on Photography & Social Media Content Creation
- Develop creative content in video and photo forms for product launches, promotions, and day to day social media posts.
- Maintain photographic standards and develop new content ideas. Stay current in photo trends related to the craft beer and spirits industry.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in activating and staffing marketing events in the Lounge and out in the market including festivals, on premise events, and off premise tastings.
- Oversee and track all event equipment; ensure that equipment is clean and in working order at all times.
- Work with Sales Director in managing Self Distribution Program at the brewery: account pick-ups, invoices, keg tracking, etc.
- Work with the Marketing Manager in populating social media content calendars to present to sales, production, and Lounge management at the beginning of the month.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly social media audits while also monitoring competitor’s marketing activities and executing monthly competitor analysis report.
- Manage various beer sites to ensure accuracy of descriptions, logos, etc. Sites include: Beer Advocate, Rate Beer, Beer Menus, Untappd, etc.
- Assist the Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer in updating as well as creating new merchandise, beer, and to-go package listings on the website along with social media ecommerce catalogs.
- Manage Hospitality Program at the brewery including virtual tastings, brand ambassador training, and brewery tours.
- Fulfill and manage all online customer facing merchandise orders through the e-commerce site as well as POS requests made by the Sales Team.
- Conduct monthly inventory on merchandise at the brewery.
Qualification and Skills:
- Please include Photography Portfolio with Resume
- Experience: 1 Year of Sales and Marketing experience in the Craft Beverage Industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the craft beverage industry and emerging trends.
- Strong written and communication skills with a great relationship-building personality.
- Organized, Self-Motivated, Efficient, and have high standards for Customer Service.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekend.
- Ability to lift 35lbs and use dolly to transport/maneuver 170lbs Kegs.
- Must have a clean driving record, own a reliable car, and be willing to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field is preferred
- Illinois Basset Certification must be completed before start date.
- Optional: Server-Certified Cicerone or Certified Cicerone.
- Health / Dental / Vision at 50% split
- 401k at 3% Match
- Entertainment budget
- Paid vacation
- Beer! Whiskey! Fun!
- This position is based in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood.