Life is Brewing COApply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Lead Brewer
LOCATION: Murfreesboro TN.
REPORTS TO: Director of Brewing Operations
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salary $52k + production bonus. Must be available to begin work on January 25th.
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 1-6-2020 – 1-20-2020
Life is Brewing is looking for a quizzical mind, a seeker, a Lead Brewer that envelopes the mindset of Life is
The perfect Lead Brewer will work collaboratively with the Director of Brewing operations to produce high quality product with efficiency for our three brands; Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co and Humulus Project. We also produce a significant amount of co-pack seltzer product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads all day-to-day brewing activities necessary to produce high quality, consistent beer, and seltzer
- Manage brewery operations of our 60BBL brew system crafting 100k BBLS of finished product per year.
- Lead, manage, and schedule the brewers, and cellarman.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company..
- Effectively presents beer production in weekly cross-department meetings regarding Quality and Production.
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture throughout his/her team.
- Assists in the development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Holds self and brewers accountable for adhering to SOPs and maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment.
- Facilitates future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes.
- Assists in the implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Works with senior management on new product development initiatives.
- Maintain brewing, cellaring, filtration, packaging, and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
- Provide hands-on relief of all positions as necessary.
- Help in the creation of research projects in collaboration with MTSU staff.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE/HARDWARE USED:
- MS Office products; including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience operating and managing an automated 60 BBL brew system utilizing factory talk, or similar technology.
- Windows 10 OS.
- DropBox and project management experience a plus.
- ERP Ekos or Orchestrated Beer a plus.
THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 4+ Years of brewing experience. Brewing seltzer experience preferred but not necessary.
- College degree and certification from an accredited brewing program, with a focus in microbiology, food science, or chemical engineering a plus.
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised and manage your own time and the time of others effectively
- Focus on quality and consistency of finished product
- Work is in Murfreesboro TN
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to pick-up 55lbs and possibly stand for long periods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
If you are interested in this position please supply a resume, cover letter, AND portfolio to email@example.com with the header “Make me the next Lead Brewer”.
ABOUT LIFE IS BREWING
Life is Brewing is a team of skilled hyper gregarious beer professionals that own Mantra Artisan Ales, Steel Barrel Brewing Co, and Hop Springs Beer Park. We have expanded with a new brewery in Murfreesboro TN to provide co-pack opportunities for beer, seltzer, and RTD brands.
Hop Springs is a new 60 bbl fully automated 5 vessel brewery with a canning line that can produce 2.5m cases per year. Hop Springs broke ground in the spring of 2017 and went live in August of 2019. The property is an 84-acre farm that has an 18 hole disc golf course, amphitheater, taproom, hiking trail, wedding venue, and of course a brewery.