Taproom Associate - Sloan's Lake
Odell Brewing Company - Sloan's LakeApply for Job
About our Sloan’s Lake Location:
Following the opening of our RiNo Art District brewhouse, we began planning for a second Denver location. The new facility, located in the Sloan's Lake neighborhood, will feature a 10-barrel pilot brewhouse and scratch pizza kitchen. The new space will include two bars with 16 Odell tap handles and a rooftop patio overlooking Sloan’s Lake and the Rocky Mountains. The pilot system will be used to brew experimental beers available exclusively at Sloan’s Lake.
The Taproom Associate is responsible for the on-site guest experience, serving guests and assisting coworkers, stocking beer and merchandise, recommending food menu items with beer pairings and keeping the place looking great, all with a positive attitude in a very fast paced environment. This position will work to fulfill our Statement of Purpose - To exceed guest expectations of Odell Brewing and to create an emotional bond that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy. For our opening team, each co-worker will rotate working 1 host, expo, food runner or busser shift throughout their work week, as needed.
- Beer presentation and Odell Brewing quality standards
- Overall flow and teamwork behind the bar
- Washing glassware
- Minimizing beer and merchandise loss
- Opening and closing of cash drawers- verify totals, reconciliation, etc.
- Exceptional menu knowledge with awareness of dietary restrictions and guest modifications
- Enter orders and run payments through POS in an organized manner
- Assist running food, seating guests and all other operational needs
- Ensure a fun, enthusiastic and optimal guest experience
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Ensure the entrance, patio, and floors are clean, organized, and ready to open for business
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Assist guests with beer ordering and menu pairings
- Creates and cultivates an inclusive environment for all guests, co-workers, and the community
- Assist with problematic guest situations
- Act as liaison for any outside contractors
- Check temperature, lighting, music, cleanliness, bathroom marketing, and overall guest experience throughout the shift
- Abide by all company safety policies and processes
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing and able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Must have at least one year of relevant experience, preferably in a bar or taproom
- TIPS certification required or acquired within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated passion and ability to ensure excellent guest experiences
- Models and promotes Odell values
- Demonstrated positive, motivated, hardworking, and collaborative attitude required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs and move up to 160 lbs
- Ability to work in a wet and loud environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Ability to crouch, bend, lift, climb stairs, and reach.
- Ability to remain focused and level-headed under demanding situations
Must have availability for both lunch and dinner shifts, especially on weekends. Hours will be scheduled up to 40 per week.
$11.75/hr plus tips
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Medical/Dental/Short Term & Long Term Disability/Vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
If you feel you have the required passion and experience, please submit your application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Sloan’s Lake Taproom Associate’ included in the subject line. For full consideration, submit by Monday, January 25th 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.