Appalachian Mountain BreweryApply for this Job
We are looking for a highly motivated and quality focused Brewer to join our innovation brewing team in scenic Boone, NC! Nestled in the heart of the western North Carolina mountains, Appalachian Mountain Brewery's mission is to sustainably brew high quality beer, support local non-profits, and help our community prosper. We draw inspiration from the active, outdoor lifestyle of the mountains and the Southern charm of Boone. Our brewpub acts as the heart and home of our welcoming, folk friendly brand, and thrives as the innovation center for our next great award-winning brews.
This full-time position’s responsibilities will consist of but are not limited to:
- Wort production, strictly adhering to established recipes and processes.
- Fermentation monitoring and data recording.
- Yeast harvesting and management.
- Maintaining organization and inventory.
- Troubleshooting and reporting of equipment issues.
- Safely operating forklift and pallet jack.
- Keg washing and filling.
- Packaging of bottles and cans on Meheen and Wild Goose lines
- Maintain cleaning schedules and procedures.
- CIP/SIP of tanks and vessels.
- Filtering, fining, transferring and carbing of beer.
- Assembling and documenting distributor orders.
- General housekeeping & conducting tours to the public.
- Basic QA: cell count, viability, DO and CO2 measurement (bulk and packaged), OG/FG/pH, detergent titration, etc.
- Drive company truck (raw material pick up/ movement of packaged goods to cold room etc.).
- Have minimum 3 consecutive years of experience brewing in a brewpub or production environment across ales and lagers.
- Possess a positive "can do" and "will do" attitude.
- Have strong communication skills with a team first attitude.
- Have the confidence to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Display strong planning and organization skills.
- Have a strong work ethic and be flexible and willing to ensure we deliver beer on time to trade partners even if it means night shift work, weekends and overtime when the situation requires it
- Ability to multitask.
- Be able to lift (75 lbs), roll/load 1/2 bbl kegs (175 lbs) on/off of pallets, crouch, bend and stand on feet for a full shift.
- Have a valid driver license
- Attention to detail and conduct basic sensory analysis.
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Proficiency with O-Beer software or similar preferred
- Experience in managing packaging (keg, bottles and cans) preferred