Territory Sales Representative
Purpose TeaApply for this Job
Purpose Tea Territory Sales Representative Job Description – Northern California
About Purpose Tea:
At Purpose Tea, we believe what is good for business can be good for the world. We create delicious and healthy purple tea beverages that consumers love, but our purpose extends beyond the impact on the consumer. We reach as far as the small tea farms where our mission is to lift from poverty some of the world’s most impoverished women. Giving these female tea pickers the opportunity for economic empowerment so they can improve their lives is the focus of our mission, and the driving force behind Purpose Tea.
Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
Growth stage: Startup
Operating principles: Growth, Passion, Scrappiness, Transparency, Collaboration, Speed
What is the role?
Purpose Tea is seeking a full-time, ambitious, energetic and hungry Territory Sales Rep to help grow our retail sales business in the NorCal area. This role will be responsible for both opening new store accounts as well as managing and develop performance and brand sales at existing stores while building strong relationships.
The role will be tasked with working alongside our Director of Sales to ambitiously grow our retail presence. The role will work closely with distributor and marketing teams towards the shared brand goals.
This role will work primarily in the field, as required, to call on new and existing business.
- Execution of strategic retail initiatives in the NorCal markets.
- Building the business within the territory in existing and new accounts.
- Targeting potential customers and assessing opportunities for sales.
- Arranging meetings with potential customers and selling product offerings.
- Cold calling grocery and natural accounts within the territory and establishing needs.
- Evaluating the potential fit of accounts with our key brands within the assigned territory.
- Assessing opportunities for business development.
- Working to obtain placement & revenue targets as set by the sales director and clients.
- Opening new store accounts in accordance with the strategy set out by our Director of Sales
- Networking with accounts & distributors in the territory and building relationships.
- Build/grow in-store placement, promotions, marketing support, and re-orders.
- Chasing sales leads from other members of the company.
- Keeping up to date with industry news to identify opportunities for new business.
- Educating buyers, store managers, partners and customers about Purpose Tea.
- Educating distributor teams about our brands and support their performance in market.
- Developing and maintaining an organized list of our key accounts in market area and neatly reporting on performance in an organized fashion.
- Being a brand ambassador and conducting business accordingly.
What you need?
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail sales (beverage preferred).
- Energetic selling skills and a passion for meeting new people.
- Ability to juggle multiple things simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- You need to function well independently, and as a contributing member of a team.
- Remain calm under pressure and stay organized and detail-oriented.
- Happy to travel when required and ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- A full clean driver’s license, registration and insurance (if required).
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be motivated and competitive to beat sales targets.
- The role is physical, and you will be carrying and required to move beverages in-store (25lbs+).
- Must be able to use basic features in Email (Outlook), Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Have an energetic, outgoing, can-do attitude.
This sounds like exactly the sort of challenge I have been waiting for! So, what now?
Well if all the above sums you up then we would love to hear from you!
Please send us a Resume and short email introduction with the subject line:
‘*Your Name* _ *Purpose Tea Territory Sales Rep* to: firstname.lastname@example.org