Tagaytay Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
- Degree in food science, engineering, microbiology or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on commercial brewing experience
- Beer sensory evaluation experience
- Detailed understanding of the role of Total Quality Management in process and quality improvement
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Commendable work ethics
Job Title: Head Brewer
Employment Type: Full-time, Contract
Location: Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
Start date: Immediately
This is a job opening for the position of a Head Brewer of a new brewpub in Tagaytay (tah-gai-tai) City, Philippines. The opportunity is open to all international applicants, and our company will handle all visa applications & processing.
Tagaytay Brewing Company (TBC) is the first and only brewpub in one of the major tourist cities in the Philippines, Tagaytay City. Its establishment marks a milestone in the 84 year history of this well-loved and often-visited city. TBC is focused on making creative and unique beers which highlight local products and celebrate Filipino culture.
We are looking for someone who can help establish TBC to be one the finest brewers in the country. The desired candidate must be experienced and passionate to become an integral part of the team, drive the brewery operations, and become a part of the company’s growth story.
This job provides the successful applicant the opportunity to work and live in the Philippines, a tropical country known for its “endless summer” climate, natural beauty, and its warm, hospitable, and hardworking people. The candidate should be open to ideas and must be keen to adapt to different cultures and experiences. He or she must be flexible, responsible, and dedicated to his/her work.
Key experience requirements will include:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Brewery commissioning
- Developing & implementing SOPs & OH&S policies
- Developing brewery documentation and ensuring all records are completed and up to date
- Hands-on brewing
- Development and management of the brewing department to ensure efficiency and to achieve quality targets
- Development and management of the packaging and warehouse departments to ensure efficiency and to attain quality targets
- Development and management of maintenance trades and development of / supervision over the preventative maintenance program
- Continuous improvement of operations and quality results
- Understanding and application of appropriate new technology
- Training and management of the brewing team for optimum results
- Ensuring downstream customer satisfaction (distribution, retail channels)
- Being a key driver of new product development of R&D– keeping up to date with the latest trends and developments in the craft beer industry and sourcing new & unique raw materials
- Training the sales staff in “brew-school” so they know how to educate customers and answer their questions about TBC’s products
- Attend company activities and festivals to promote TBC to customers & consumers
- Occasionally working outside the job description
- PhilHealth coverage
- Housing and accommodation in Tagaytay City
- Pre-paid roundtrip flight to the Philippines
- Visa application and processing
- Although called a “city,” it is still considered a semi-rural area with rich agricultural soil. One calls Tagaytay a rural and urban city at the same time because one gets the best of both worlds here. This is where business establishments abound amidst luscious greens and abundant vegetation.
- The city’s main produce is pineapple or “piña.”
- Tagaytay has several “sister cities” both locally and internationally. These include Manningham in Victoria, Australia, Las Vegas in Nevada and Rohnert Park in California, USA, and Tainan in Taiwan. (A sister city is a long-term partnership between two communities in two countries, recognized after the highest official from both communities sign off on an agreement. This relationship is intended to expand, strengthen and deliver great benefit to both parties, and it helps to encourage business, trade, educational, cultural exchanges and projects between the twin sister cities.)
- The Philippines has a long tradition of producing and consuming alcoholic beverages made from locally produced/sourced ingredients.
Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
The brewery is located in Tagaytay, a popular city just an hour-drive away from the country’s robust capital, Manila. It is the biggest tourist destination closest to Metro Manila. By reason of its proximity to the country’s capital, it is often visited by people who wish to unwind for a day or wish to have some R&R for a weekend. With its breathtaking view of the Taal volcano and Taal lake, cooler climate (high 27, low 19 degrees Celsius) because of its higher altitude, excellent restaurants offering fusions of Filipino, Asian, European, and North American cuisines, and pleasant hotels and air B&Bs, people cannot but visit this lovely city. The brewpub is situated on the main road fronting the city’s mini theme park. It is accessible to the public and is very hard to miss.