Operations Lead/ Cellar
Clearly Kombucha / Molson Coors Non-AlcApply for this Job
Title: Operations Lead
Reports to: Operations Supervisor, Director of Brewing Operations
FSLA status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Operations Lead Job Description
Responsible for assisting the Operations Supervisor with the daily activities of tea production and packaging and driving safety and efficiency in the team. Must be able to work independently while ensuring and enforcing all team member as following established SOPs, SSOPs, safety procedures, and adhering to practices created by Clearly Kombucha.
- Ensures that all aspects of production schedule are completed in-full, on time, and with no quality defects.
- Assist in team operations of the tea brewing, filtering, bottling and canning line.
- Assist with Quality Checks through production runs including carbonation, pressure checks, doing checks etc .
- Assist staff in all activities in accordance with operational policies and procedures (SOPs & SSOPs), including safe operation of all equipment, pumps, tanks, and forklifts.
- Ensures that all sanitation practices, inclusive of but not limited to, general aesthetics, operational, and storage are adhered to.
- Ensures proper equipment use, PPE, maintenance, and storage for all staff on assigned shift.
- Tracks inventories of all packaging materials and finished goods on a daily basis and report’s needs.
- Tracks and logs all daily line downtime and ensures that information is accurate and complete.
- Reviews data with Supervisor to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Assists with orientation, training, and skills development of team members consistent with established operational and safety procedures.
- Conducts basic packaging QC checks for daily production runs.
- Assists in developing and updating line packaging procedures (SOPs) with Operations Supervisor, and Director of Brewing Operations
- Reports facility and equipment repairs and issues with the Operations Supervisor and Director of Brewing Operations
- Evaluates staffing needs and coordinates with Operations Supervisor to maximize labor resources.
- Supports and communicates with all departments influenced by operations, including, but not limited to, Quality Control, Cellar, Warehouse/Logistics, and Maintenance.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures (SDS) assuring adherence by staff.
- Promotes teamwork with all personnel.
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism and serves as a role model.
- Performs sample pulling per Quality Control requests. Ensure samples are correctly labeled and stored.
- Follows work orders, helps follow up on task completion.
- Finalizes all packets daily before being turned into Supervisor.
- Finalizing production lots: prepare finished product for shipment.
- Sends daily End Of Day email with all pertinent information for all operations, calling out any issues experienced during shift.
- This is required in addition to the daily physical hand off in front between shifts.
- Directs staff questions or concerns to supervisor as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in a similar position working in a production environment
- Significant experience with bottling and canning lines and general cellar equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Clearly Kombucha standards, SOP’s and SDS’s.
- Understand sterility and handling of all stage of beverage production
- Must be able to speak and write in English and perform basic math
- Computer literate with knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, & scheduling
- Decisiveness: The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Stands and walks the majority of shift. Works in the cellar with all cellar equipment. Moderate use of computer, daily. Moderate use of stairs and ladders, daily. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.