State Manager, Florida
Pirate Republic Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Florida Key Account Manager
Job Title: State Manager – Pirate Republic Brewing Company
Location: Florida (Preferably Orlando or Tampa area) Must currently live in Florida
About Pirate Republic Brewing Company
Rooted in authentic historical detail, Pirate Republic Brewing Co. celebrates our deep roots in The Bahamas, our focus on brewing world-class beer and our joy in sharing our brews with craft compatriots. We are the leading craft brewery in The Bahamas, our brewery is located in a 135-year-old historic building in downtown Nassau. Our tap room is adjacent to the brewery and both are located on historic, Woodes Rogers Walk 200 meters from the port of Nassau which attracts over 5M visitors a year. We have a second tap room at Atlantis resort in Marina Village and we are exploring 3rd tap room. In 2020 we expanded to the US, our first two markets are St. Augustine and Jacksonville, Florida. We have plans to expand throughout Florida and the SE US.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Strong existing Distributor relationships in Florida, ability to bring on new distributors in Central and South Florida. Leads all Pirate Republic distributor relationships and maintains them all levels.
- Identifying, planning & attending key local events & local opportunities in conjunction with the distributor to assimilate Pirate Republic into the local market(s).
- Possesses a strong understanding of the Florida market and has strong relationships with critical on and off premise retailers.
- Execute at least 120 customer calls per month with buyers/account influencers within on and off-premise accounts.
- Conducts quarterly reviews with the distributors to ensure goals are aligned and achieved.
- Completes weekly and monthly sales reports and other reports as required.
- Ability and experience to drive sales of existing products in existing markets and to expand into new markets.
- Ideally you will have 3-5 years’ regional sales experience in a similar role, within the beer industry and in Florida.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner at all times with strong interpersonal skills.
- You must be able to be both tactical and strategic and able to analyze the market through anecdotal and data driven insights.
- During an interview you can confidently discuss your relationships with Florida distributors and retailers.
- A passion for craft beer and knowledge of the Florida market
- 3-5 years in a beverage distributor, supplier, or retail role
- Strong knowledge of Florida wholesaler operations, programming, and pricing
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong sales development experience
- Excellent communication skills and able to persuade
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs, VIP a plus
- Ability to work occasional weekend and evening events as needed
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Expense and mileage reimbursement
- Free Pirate Republic Beer and Swag