HighKeyApply for Job
We are seeking a hungry senior level Sales Director to help us change how American eats. We have ambitions to be everywhere healthy snacks should be and are looking for someone to lead our growth outside of the Conventional and Natural channels. You will be accountable for revenue growth, distribution growth, channel growth while managing the precious details to ensure execution delights.
You will help develop channel strategies and work with a best-in-class cross-functional team to continue growing our business. This is a hands-on role, and you will get your hands dirty. You will report to the Chief Sales Officer.
This role will need to secure distribution in multiple channels, maximizing our Broker partnership to ultimately drive top line revenue. Major responsibilities include new retailer prospecting and distribution, cold-calling/emailing, promotional planning, forecasting, new item sell-in, and presentations.
- 8+ years progressive Food/Bev CPG sales experience with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record building and scaling brands.
- Experience and proven success in all channels of trade, nationally. Especially Club, C-Store, Nutrition, and Specialty
- Established relationships and network nationally.
- Robust sales management experience managing multiple product categories and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to be both “hands-on” (excellent attention to detail) and “strategic” (development and execute longer term sales plan)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and make quick judgment calls.
- Able to review/understand market and customer analytics including SPINS data and customer portal data. Ability to then apply those insights to selling/strategy.
- Strong reporting skills including quarterly business reviews and annual business planning.
- Excellent communication skills– active listener who delivers messages in a clear and compelling manner.
- Drives results – goal oriented – tenacious.
- Proficient PC and systems skills.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% including to company headquarters each quarter.
- Insatiably curious, always asking the right questions and ensuring that nothing stalls because of what you and your team continue to get do even if that means rolling up your own sleeves
- Get sh*t done mentality
Top REQUIRED qualities
- Growth Mindset
- Solution Oriented
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy honing your skills and learning new ones
- You are excited by the idea of doing something that’s never been done before
- You have an ownership mentality
- You see the opportunity in every obstacle you face
- You believe in taking action and creating results, not making excuses
- You believe conflicting points of view can produce new ideas and solve problems
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment where no two days are the same
- You want a job where you’ll be given opportunity to try new things, grow and be rewarded and recognized for your hard work
- You want to be surrounded by other high achievers who will push you to perform your best
- You are passionate about helping build our company and brand and ready to put in the work
- You believe process is a tool not the gospel
- You can work with and motivate Brokers and Distributors
- You take pride in building a business
- You are hunter who is driven by results
- Are obsessive about your business and have the grit to find a way
- Bachelor’s degree of higher
What it’s like to work at HighKey
When we ask our employees what it’s like to work at HighKey, we’re frequently told it’s unlike any other team they’ve ever been part of. We are the nimble and innovative startup that you read about online but multiply that by ten.
Our team is loaded with high performers who are used to being among the hardest-working, highest-achieving employees from their former companies. Some people might find it intimidating to be around so many heavy-hitters, but our employees find it inspiring and encouraging.
Being a HighKey team member means never having to question if someone else is working equally as hard behind-the-scenes. It means everyone is in it and committed to the success of the company. It means you have access to a wealth of knowledge and expertise that is shared without judgment, ego or pride. It also means that expectations are high across the board and you will be expected to show up every day and deliver.
Growing a company from the ground up isn’t easy or without its challenges but the rewards are deep. You will be able to look back on where you were a month, or six months ago and see noticeable impacts you’ve made to the business. We value initiative, perseverance, teamwork, taking risks and moving quickly.
- If it’s to be, it’s up to me
- Move fast and break norms
- Assume positive intent
- Obstacles are opportunities in disguise
- Make mistakes, learn and move on
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision and other supplemental benefits
- 401K plan with an employer match
- Gym Reimbursement
- Free products for you and your family
- Work in a positive, well-balanced start-up environment with limitless career growth
- See your work foster results that advance the legitimacy and proliferation of the company
Location: East Orlando/UCF area
We are happy to be a Equal Opportunity Employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.