Brewery Sales Rep - Downstate Illinois
DESTIHL BreweryApply for Job
Work with the DESTIHL Territory Sales Manager, wholesaler partners, and retailers to achieve volume and distribution goals, promote the DESTIHL brand and ensure product quality in the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain regular communication and positive relationships with the Territory Sales Manager, wholesaler partners, and key retailers.
- Assume a leadership role in implementing DESTIHL initiatives with wholesaler partners and retailers.
- Assist Territory Sales Manager in communicating brewery objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures with wholesaler partners.
- Develop quarterly target list built from goals and objectives.
- Accomplish 40-50 retail account calls per week.
- Conduct in-market work-withs with wholesaler sales teams.
- Represent DESTIHL at all special events, festivals, and other promotional events in the territory.
- Schedule and attend meetings with distributors to discuss beers, branding, sales and distribution goals, new product launch plans, logistics, marketing\POS, etc.
- Conduct brand training with wholesaler partners, retailers, and consumers
- Responsible for the allocation and use of point-of-sale materials.
- Ensure DESTIHL quality standards are clearly understood and maintained by wholesaler partners and retailers.
- Use VIP, or other company provided software, to identify, develop and analyze sales opportunities and other business insights.
- Assist Territory Sales Manager in communicating sales data, product info, and other relevant insights with wholesaler partners.
- Demonstrate strong retail and wholesale-oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures.
- Attend all DESTIHL meetings as requested.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, target lists, market surveys, etc.)
- Operate effectively within expense budget guidelines and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Observe all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising, and promotion of DESTIHL products.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Live in the assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of sales experience working in the craft beer industry.
- Strong knowledge of the craft beer industry, the three-tier distribution system, the local craft beer market, and key retailers.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license, a registered, reliable, and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Must have all applicable and current registrations and/or licenses required by any and all State and other governmental agencies to be a brewery representative.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done in a home office, a vehicle, or the field.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and retail accounts are required.
- Travel is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane is required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay