Cannabis Beverage Production Manager
Carden LabsApply for this Job
The Production Manager is responsible for providing production leadership to shift or area of responsibility. This manager must ensure the safe and efficient operation of processing equipment to ensure quality and conformity of packaged cannabis beverage products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing of cannabis beverages over a multi-shift, multi-lingual operation.
- Review and approve plans for the control of plant outputs, inventory/raw materials, maintenance and operational spending, work force utilization, equipment productivity and maintenance, facility maintenance and execution of quality standards.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to coach and influence employees under their supervision.
- Monitor overall quality of the product by performing periodic inspections.
- Takes the lead and initiates resolution of technical, unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Ensure the overall safety of several crews and temporary labor when applicable.
- Conducts thorough investigations to identify and eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems.
- Responsible for assisting the facilities in instilling the "Best Manufacturing Practices".
- Ensure staff is always following the work rules. Ensure cGMP compliance is always adhered to.
- Report any quality issue to QA Manager or Supervisor
- Assist in relieving other operators for lunch breaks.
- 5+ years production supervisor or 2+ years production manager experience in beverage or alcohol industry.
- MUST have experience with carbonated beverage manufacturing.
- Experience and understanding of OSHA / Quality policies, procedures and issues.
- Knowledge of government regulatory programs and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point).
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and time management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Work environment is both office and field; must be able to work at a desk and on feet for long periods of time. Field work involves but is not limited to, heights, confined space, and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus when using computer terminal or working on small components.
- Hearing protection and goggles dependent on specified areas.
- Hair nets, masks, gloves and gowns will be required in manufacturing areas.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):