Head Brewer/Director of Operations
Bravus Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Bravus Brewing Company was the first brewery in North American dedicated solely to the production of non-alcoholic craft beer. It has won numerous awards over the years and has become one of the leaders of the fastest growing category in beer today. Due to our rapid expansion we are looking to hire a Head Brewer/Director of Operations for our Anaheim production facility. This person will be responsible for overseeing operations, training brewery staff and producing high quality craft beer under the guidelines of Company policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate brewery staff and supervise daily brewery operations to ensure the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Create a weekly work schedule for all team members that ensures the execution of all production objectives while minimizing labor costs.
- Update daily production and brewing logs.
- Oversee the scheduling and execution of all pilot batch and retail specialty beers.
- Work with sales team on forecasting and projections.
- Oversees the training and technical evaluation of all Brewery and Cellar team members.
- Responsible for quality control of raw materials and finished product.
- Responsible for routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of all Brewery and Cellar equipment and scheduling the respective repairs if needed. Also responsible for the stocking and sourcing of spare parts inventory.
- Conduct employee one-on-one meetings, counselling sessions, and periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members based on performance and goals.
- Responsible for reviewing, creating, and updating SOPs.
- Responsible for inventory management and ordering of all raw materials and consumables need to create the finished goods.
- Responsible for inventory tracking of all finished goods.
- Responsible for working in production areas and assisting team members in accomplishing weekly production objectives.
- Oversee general cleaning, sanitation, and preventive maintenance of all production areas and equipment.
- Uphold all safety standards and ensure that all production employees are compliant.
- Assist in resolving customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills.
- The ability to delegate tasks and duties to the appropriate team members.
- Experience in running and brewing for a large-scale production facility that is producing barrelage in the tens of thousands.
- The ability to consistently move at a fast pace.
- Must have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have experience in beer production & inventory software such as Ekos or Orchestrated Beer.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience brewing in a commercial brewery with a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role. A certificate or diploma in one of the fields of brewing science, microbiology, chemistry, engineering, or a related subject; or equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred. Bravus Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.