Regional Sales Manager CT/NY
Lord Hobo Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
About Lord Hobo Brewing Company
Celebrating our 5th Anniversary, Lord Hobo Brewing Company, based out of Woburn, Massachusetts is a leading craft brewery in the New England market. Lord Hobo is sold in 12 states on the East Coast and is a brewery that is focused on growth and market support. Our flagship beer, Boomsauce, has seen incredible growth over the last 4 years and is the foundation for our success as a brand. Our portfolio of core products, including Boomsauce, Glorious, Angelica, Life, and 617 are consumer favorites and designed to win the favor of on and off-premises retail accounts. Lord Hobo was established on the inspiration of bringing the New England IPA style to a wider audience. Our team of Hobos are passionate, driven to ‘win’, and hard working.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you!
Regional Sales Manager CT/NY
The Regional Sales Manager for CT/NY is a Sales Leadership and Management team position that will report directly to the VP of Sales and Marketing. The role is covering the geography of the entire state of CT and NY, including New York City. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for managing three wholesaler partners within this geography and one direct report based in Upstate NY. We are seeking candidates that are based out of the Connecticut area where they can impact the Hudson Valley and NYC markets. The Regional Sales Manager will have the responsibility of driving all aspects of distributor management and distilling the Lord Hobo commercial plan into actionable plans with each wholesaler partner. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for working the market calling on accounts in CT, the I-87 corridor, and the NYC market. The RSM will be responsible for managing and contributing to developing all sales volume and distribution goals, budget expenses, and the region’s EBITDA performance.
- Be knowledgeable about Lord Hobo brands and packages, passionate about craft beer. Beer first.
- Ability to work in a small, faced paced environment & capable of building dynamic, collaborative relationships is necessary.
- Have a Can-do attitude & at times with limited resources as a small brewery.
- Develop business plans for each geography and wholesaler partner with support and collaboration from VP of Sales and Marketing and wholesaler brand management personnel.
- Set and achieve sales volume and distribution goals for aligned with wholesaler partners stemming from Annual Business plan meetings.
- Contribute to the creation of territory budgetary needs fueling the business plan and managing such budget throughout the year to be in concert to region’s sales volume and GP performance.
- Manage one current direct report with the ability to manage more in the future as the territory dictates such investments.
- Work with supporting cast of sales resources like National Accounts Manager, Sales Operations Analyst, and Sales Operations Manager to provide support to the region’s business plan.’
- Contribute to the desired marketing plan for the territory by working with the Director of Marketing and wholesaler personnel on what brand activation is needed in order to drive ROS and distribution support.
- Travel will be required throughout the region driving business development and account call frequency, overnight stays necessary 30% of the time.
- Experience in on and off premise segment.
- Trusted resource on craft beer styles, industry developments, and brand positioning.
- Wholesaler management – budget, planning, pricing, inventory, distribution gaps
- Be a leader amongst sales management peers within the sales team contributing to innovation development, sales effectiveness, and demonstrating how to close on large sales opportunities.
- Must possess creative problem-solving abilities, a desire to excel and have exceptional leadership skills.
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire self and others; able to effectively build and lead teams.
- Ability to have difficult, sensitive conversations with retailers and overcome consumers objections to deliver on goals and accomplish challenging initiatives.
- Strong customer service skills and supportive, collaborative attitudes.
- Mastery of retail math
- Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years’ experience and proven sales record and history of managing people and wholesalers.
- Previous experience managing a multi-state territory.
- Proven and solid understanding of craft beer industry and fact-based selling.
- Business acumen understands a P&L and able to prioritize programs based on key financial criteria.
- Understanding of VIP and iDig, desired.
- Computer skills: MS Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Clean driving record