West Region Sales Manager - Retail, C-Store & Foodservice
Ruby Jewel Ice Cream SandwichesApply for this Job
Ruby Jewel - West Region Sales Manager
Who We Are:
Our Founder, Lisa Herlinger, stumbled across an ice cream treat void in Portland, Oregon. Her solution? Fill it with indulgent and distinctly original ice cream sandwiches. After countless late nights churning out batch after batch of cookies and ice cream, Ruby Jewel was born. Lisa sold the first Ruby Jewel ice cream sandwich out of a cooler at the Portland farmer’s markets, and her treats quickly garnered a passionate and loyal following.
While Ruby Jewel has received significant acclaim, appearing in national and regional media outlets, all Ruby Jewel Ice Cream sandwiches are still hand-crafted in our own production facility we call “Sandwich City”. Committed to supporting our better-for-you mission, Ruby Jewel uses only the best all-natural ingredients, thoughtfully sourced, from farmers and food artisans.
Ruby Jewel is seeking a “game changing” West Regional Sales Manager (RSM) who is as passionate about our mission as we are! The successful candidate will be responsible to grow market share for our category leading ice cream sandwiches and our exciting pipeline of innovations. The RSM will establish new relationships with national, regional and specialty Retail, Convenience, Foodservice accounts in the West, as well as expanding our penetration with current customers. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in growing share with CPG brands within multi-channel retail as well as an exceptional track record of new business development. If you are a tenacious and focused Sales professional with the passion to build an emerging better-for-you brand, this will be the perfect opportunity for you!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead the Company’s key West Retail, Convenience, Foodservice and DSD customers to meet/exceed planned sales goals
- Manage and drive broker and distributor relationships across all channels to expand PODs in our accounts, bringing in new relationships and expanding existing accounts
- Develop business building presentations and timely reviews with all retail customers
- Create and implement account strategies and tactical promotion plans within approved spending guidelines
- Attend industry trade events (e.g., UNFI/KeHE/Core-Mark/Sysco Shows, Natural Products EXPO, NACS, etc.) towards advancing relationships with existing customers as well as developing new
- Meet all required/ requested administrative deadlines (e.g., CRM, Forecasting), complete, on time, and with actionable information
- Support creation of Annual Revenue & Expense Budgets with key functional counterparts in order to layout a roadmap for future growth opportunities.
- Utilize your CPG industry network to identify emerging market trends, bringing a competitive advantage to Ruby Jewel
- Build/ sustain strong ongoing partnerships with Operations and Finance Teams, ensuring forecast accuracy so that supply is available to support Retailer demand
- Actively support strong culture within the team, embracing the company’s mission and values
What You Bring to the Table:
- Highly effective presentation skills and an ability to passionately articulate our story, unique value proposition as a key differentiator vs. competitive/commodity offerings
- Demonstrated success in exceling at an early stage or entrepreneurial organization with experience in developing/activating new processes required to scale new brands/categories/ customers
- Minimum 5-7 years in sales positions of increasing responsibility within better-for-you CPG categories. Frozen Desserts and/or Perishables experience a plus
- Thought leadership and the ability to make market-informed recommendations towards successfully building a brand
- Demonstrates “agility” to iterate our strategies as required to respond to market conditions
- Exceptional negotiation skills with ability to leverage quantitative/qualitative consumer insights to drive share/shelving gains with formal/informal Category Reviews
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet individual and company goals.
- Comfort in developing your own reports, forecasts, presentations and data with limited support systems.
- Exhibit exceptional, professional verbal/written communication skills.
- Solid technical skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, Nielsen and/ or IRI/SPINS Consumer Insights and Category Management principles
- “Roll-up your sleeves” mentality with the ability to handle the ambiguity and pace required of a company in a high growth mode - are excited by being an “architect & carpenter” at the same time!
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Business
Locations: Ideally in the State of California but will consider any major metro west of the Rocky Mountains, with close proximity to a major airport. This will be a remote working from a home office position, and you can anticipate traveling approximately 50-75% (depending on time of year).
What We Bring to the Table:
With category leading velocities, Ruby Jewel is a proven growth driver, and we’re committed to bringing our pipeline of new and exciting innovations to the Frozen Novelties category to fuel our continued momentum. This is your chance to join a dynamic team that’s expanding nationally. We’re collaborative, working across departments to meet shared goals. We’re Values-driven and obsessed with Quality.
We offer a comprehensive package of salary, bonus and benefits, and the opportunity to grow with our company. If you’re passionate about what you do, and you want to grow your business development career with a rapidly expanding brand within the Natural Products industry, don’t pass up this opportunity!
Ruby Jewel, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Forward your resume and cover letter to Jobs@RubyJewel.com.