Brands Within ReachApply for this Job
Brands Within Reach (BWR) has an exciting portfolio of brands and operates primarily in the better-for-you RTD beverage market in the USA and Canada. As well as its in-house brands, BWR is also a strategic distribution partner for Danone’s Evian and Volvic brands. Now under new private equity ownership, the company is poised for significant growth and, to support that growth, is looking to expand its team.
The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions and will perform the day-to-day activities of inventory and cost of goods sold reporting, along with ensuring the accuracy of the monthly close process under the management of the Controller.
- Two years + experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Advanced in MS Excel.
- Hands on experience in Oracle, Quick Books and/or similar.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of organizational skill, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Monthly inventory reconciliation per warehouse location.
- Monitor, research, and analyze inventory and inventory variances.
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger.
- Provide management with up to date and accurate jobs summary reports.
- Review Purchase Order requests to ensure it is necessary and completed accordingly.
- Prepare journal entries, adjust inventory, and cost of goods to actual.
- Willing and able to assist with other accounting tasks, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll, as needed.
- Maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures in compliance with GAAP.
- Provide recommendations on ordering schedule of long lead-time inventory items.
- Conduct and record periodic excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Design and provide management with reports and data to drive decisions.
- Perform additional responsibilities within the department as assigned.
- Special projects as required.
Competitive compensation package based on experience, including benefits and 401k.