Regional Sales Manager
X2 PerformanceApply for this Job
X2 Performance ® Regional Sales Manager
About X2 Performance ®
X2 Performance is a rapidly growing natural energy drink and pre-workout supplement brand financed by the largest consumer-focused private equity firm in the world, L Catterton. X2 products deliver sustained energy using a combination of clean and effective ingredients engineered to optimize your natural potential. Tested and trusted by over 20 professional teams as well as NBA icon and X2 Board member Kawhi Leonard, X2’s Pre+Intra Workout products are patented and NSF Certified for Sport and have been the best kept secret in pro sports, until now. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales and marketing activities through a distributor network, in a specific region. Responsibilities include team development, alignment to business processes, forecasting, setting goals and objectives to align with the company plan. X2 Performance ® recently launched nationally with blue-chip partners including CVS, CVS.com, GNC.com, Subway restaurants and Amazon.
- Collaborate with the VP, Retail Sales on regional sales objectives and business strategies
- Establish and manage distributor and key retail chain account relationships
- Manage regional sales and expense budgets
- Recruit, hire, train and support field level sales staff
- Monitor market and competitive activity for programming and innovation
- Have a deep understanding of the science behind the Company and distinct product lines
- Use analytical tools and market data to develop selling stories for the distributor network and for presentations to key retail chain accounts
- Report to VP, Retail Sales
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for partnering with the distributor network, field level sales and key retail accounts, to plan, sell and develop the X2 portfolio. With a product portfolio that is unsurpassed, the opportunity to provide consumers with high quality, clean alternatives while increasing revenue for our retail customers makes for a productive selling experience. Candidate must be a team player and have a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
Sales & Margin Plan – Owns the annual sales and margin plan for the region. Successfully manage the distributor network while meeting the annual sales/margin plan and staying within budget. Manage and track all budgets and spending within the region to include X2 budget and field level sales budgets. Provide a quarterly update and opportunity recommendations for all commercial budgets. Manage inventory levels throughout the year to meet annual shipment objectives. Review competitive activity in the market and report back with opportunities for X2 products.
Distributor Network - Responsible for managing all sales and marketing activities within a distributor network. Conduct quarterly business reviews with distributors in the assigned area. Build key relationships quickly and understand how to influence key decision makers. Key areas of focus include setting goals and objectives, demand planning, alignment to established business processes, creating impactful incentive programs and brand development. Show a high level of engagement by attending weekly and monthly distributor meetings. Ensure field level sales teams stay active at retail. Stay close to the market and listen to feedback from the distributor network and from retailers.
Strategic Account Relationships - Successfully build relationships with key retail chain partners by incorporating consultative and fact-based selling techniques. Create unique selling stories using industry insights and competitive data to expand the X2 portfolio within the clean, natural energy/endurance segment. Work cross functionally with Sales and Marketing to develop account specific presentations for new products, prior to annual category reviews. Maintain an annual reset and line review calendar for all assigned accounts. Works collaboratively with national accounts and field sales to ensure all retailer programming aligns to the overall company strategy and retail execution targets are achieved and reported internally and externally.
Team – Recruit, train, and develop the field level sales team. Ensure the team is engaged and actively working with distributor sales representatives and individually in the retail trade.
Administrative - Responsible for meeting timelines for all assigned reporting and projects.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Must have at least 10 years of professional experience, in which at least 5 are in Sales; consideration of equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Previous experience managing a distributor network and conducting retail chain account buyer calls.
- Prior knowledge and experience managing a field-based sales team.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Must work well under tight timelines and be able to manage many SKU’s across multiple channels.
- Ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate well by email, telephone and in person.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.