E-Commerce Marketing Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The E-Commerce Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of our e-commerce business from direct-to-consumer through to e-retail programs and using loyalty programs to drive repeat purchase and business growth. The role will be responsible for development and implementation of a cohesive strategy around e-commerce and digital shopper marketing experiences. The focus will be on "owning the digital cart" on Marketplace and e-retail platforms, making it easier for our B2B partners to purchase product digitally and driving loyalty on our owned platforms including direct-to-consumer shopping on SierraNevada.com and StraingeBeast.com. The role will be focused on ensuring that Sierra Nevada products are accessible and appealing resulting in increased conversion rates and online purchases, directly and indirectly. The ideal candidate is a dynamic marketer with skills across digital marketing platforms, CRM marketing, loyalty marketing, e-comm/web, and analytics. This relationship building role will be responsible for connecting with our partners and stakeholders across the three-tier distribution system and partnering with sales colleagues to build a best-in-class e-commerce strategy. This position will also work with the Director of Digital & Media to build out loyalty programs that connect our customers with opportunities to express brand affinity and in turn deliver profitable growth.
What You Will Do
- Lead the evolution of our e-commerce strategy with a laser-focus on new customer acquisition and conversion.
- Develop relationships with B2B, marketplace and e-retail marketing partners to understand customer shopping behaviors and integrate Sierra Nevada brands into optimal positions.
- Work with brand management to outline direct-to-consumer engagement opportunities including limited release beverage offerings
- Oversee all email marketing efforts, including email setup & segmentation, automated triggers, as well as email reporting & KPIs. Own email execution calendar with support from email copywriter
- Develop and manage the strategic e-commerce content calendar, including online promotional offer strategy and reporting on performance.
- Identify key business opportunities and initiate strategic programs along-side ecommerce sales manager and trade programs lead.
- Optimize direct-to-consumer website conversion by owning Shopify relationship (explore cart abandonment etc.). Work with strategic initiatives manager to drive decisions on the associated budget and resources as necessary.
- Use direct-to-consumer offerings as an opportunity to support new product development and drive customer loyalty
- Build a framework for consumer loyalist segments and develop data-driven understanding of SNBC customers, our segments, and motivations.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, restaurants, tap rooms, Gift Shops, events team, brewing, sustainability, sensory, QA, etc. in order to fully understand and be able to develop a working knowledge of all significant brewery happenings.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
Please Apply if You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved is required
- 5 years of experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of digital marketing and e-commerce business practices required
- Experience with Shopify is preferred
- Experience in leading and managing CRM programs, including database management and customer segmentation exercises is preferred
- Experience with loyalty program is preferred
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of e-commerce platforms including three-tier distribution systems. CPG background or alc-bev preferred.
- Ability to follow and execute trends in eCommerce and retail
- A proven track record of driving projects from conception through implementation.
- Must possess strong self-directed initiative with independent judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Position is located in Chico, CA, Mills River, NC, Emeryville, CA, or CA Remote
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer