Regional Sales Manager – Northeast
That's it.Apply for this Job
Full-Time | Location: Northeast United States
That’s it. is seeking an energetic, passionate, and highly analytical Regional Sales Manager for its retail channels who will drive strategic growth and revenue generation for the North East Region. This role will be responsible for the acquisition and day-to-day management of sales opportunities to increase product distribution and partnerships. The individual will maintain frequent contact with current and prospective accounts involving travel and trade visits.
Prior experience in CPG food & beverage industry preferred. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative company.
Responsible for delivering monthly sales & distribution goals for key retailers in the North East division.
- Create, build and maintain strong partnerships with Distributors, Brokers and Retailers to grow the That’s it portfolio.
- Spend time in trade with Broker Partner’s Sales to educate teams and improve visibility of That’s it products through merchandising and execution.
- Marketplace execution, maximizing distribution & securing high-value retail space
- Increase sales velocity with existing customers and secure new accounts
- Build relationships with headquarters, account level and distributor partners
- Submit and adjust as needed annual trade planner programs with key accounts
- The individual will work with cross functional teams to ensure customers’ needs are met in all areas including shopper marketing support, fulfillment, shipping and distribution.
- Travel up to 30% of the time will be required in the territory, focused on new business development, account management and tradeshows as needed.
- Grow topline revenue, profit and market share by proactively identifying strategic and long-term growth opportunities
- Work with the sales leadership team to determine and manage product pricing and trade spend in alignment with the company’s sales strategy. Proactively track progress toward operational goals
- Develop new contacts and maintain key customer relationships throughout the retail channel to increase brand visibility
- Partner with the marketing department to ideate and execute consumer-facing marketing plans relevant to the retail channel
- Prepare and deliver effective sales materials for account presentations
- Analyze syndicated data and incorporate that information into sales pitches and presentations to secure business and favorable margins with key accounts
- 5 years minimum of relevant CPG sales account management experience
- Experience with East coast regional retailers and divisions such as Wakefern, Ahold, Safeway, Shaw’s, Big Y, Wegmans, The Fresh Market, Publix, Lowe’s, Weis, etc.
- Experience with metro NY retailers such as Fairway, Kings, Shoprite, FreshDirect, Key Foods etc.
- Experience achieving monthly, quarterly, annual volume and revenue targets
- Demonstrated success selling to natural, conventional and independent retailers in a variety of perimeter sets with national, direct and regional distribution opportunities.
- Experience working with syndicated data (SPINS/Nielsen) and trade promo planners
- A flexible schedule allowing for travel and communication to West Coast headquarters on PST.
- Ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial: You are a true go-getter with a passion for finding ways to secure the next big deal. You are unafraid of setbacks that may require pivoting to new ways of working
- Target-driven: You are very comfortable with sales objectives and will go the extra-mile to achieve them
- Customer-centric: You are committed to creating a tailored approach to outreach and execution that elevates every customer’s experience
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and unafraid to work with individuals at every level of the organization
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, particularly in moments of change and in ambiguous circumstances