Business Development Analyst
Deschutes BreweryApply for Job
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers' Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Deschutes.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Analyst to join our national sales team. The Business Development Analyst will support the entire field sales and national account organizations with business intelligence tools to aid in the achievement of specific sales, distribution, and share goals. This role will work collaboratively with all departments within the company to support sales and gain market share. The Business Development Analyst will interpret sales data and make recommendations to the team. They will prepare and present findings to the executive team, retailers, and distributors. This role will work closely with the Business Development Director and Business Development Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Analyze depletion and syndicated sales data to measure Deschutes performance against KPI's, competition, and consumer growth trends -- including volume goals, dollar share, distribution, and rate of sale.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop broad based and persuasive sales stories and tools to support the sales organization in winning at retail with customers.
- Assist the national account team with work associated with developing presentations to retailers and distributors designed to help them increase sales and maximize profit.
- Support entire sales organization with timely analysis of sales, distribution, and pricing trends that support specific market and chain objectives.
- Develop and maintain a library of turnkey PowerPoint and Excel sales files that can be customized to specific geographies, products, and time periods for use in distributor and retailer presentations.
- Perform customer insights analysis including industry evaluations, market conditions, retail and consumer trends, and competitor analysis.
- Perform market and retailer analysis for national accounts to determine opportunities to expand Deschutes distribution and identify new placement opportunities.
- Support the Business Development team in the development, approval, and implementation of the annual sales volume and budget plan.
- Proactively report major positive or negative variances to key stakeholders and participate in the development of recommendations to address variances as needed.
- Partner with Finance in price to retailer and price to consumer analysis.
- Use price to consumer data by market to develop potential annual price to retailer increases and discount programs.
- Conduct freight on board analysis
National Account Initiative/Deschutes KPI & Company Goal Tracking:
- Build and update a brand health and performance dashboard that details progress toward quarterly KPIs and annual goals.
- Develop and present a monthly analysis of national account programs and initiatives.
National Account Admin Support with Key Retailers - New item set-up, pricing submissions, updating images, insight slides for syndicated slides.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in CPG and must display product and industry knowledge.
- Advanced level use of Symphony IRI database. Familiarity with CRM platforms, preferably VIP/KARMA
- Advanced level computer skills expert level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources and translate it into actionable insights.
- Able to break problems/information down in order to systematically identify problems/opportunities and make recommendations for their resolution.
- Able to clearly express ideas, information, or concerns in a straightforward manner and to key stakeholders within the organization.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, results oriented and ability to adapt to changing priorities with a focus on timelines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize data into insights and compelling selling stories.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with key National Account Retailers: Kroger, Walmart, Safeway/Albertsons.
- Additional skills in selling, negotiating, and marketing.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.