BevNET.com, Inc.Apply for this Job
BevNET.com, the leading business-to-business media company covering food, beverages, and beer, is seeking an editorial assistant for its news team.
This is a great situation for a recent college graduate and aspiring journalist to learn business reporting by covering entrepreneurial companies and the issues affecting them in the packaged food, beverage, and craft beer industries.
Our editorial assistant will assist editors and reporters in aspects of the daily publication of stories and press releases for our BevNET (beverage), NOSH (food)and Brewbound (beer)edit verticals. Their day will be a balance between reporting and administrative work, but with an eye toward developing and writing stories and creating a beat covering the packaged food and beverage industry -- one of the most dynamic businesses in the country. Additionally, the editorial assistant will have a path to participation in video content for live and online events (including panel moderation and interviewing) and trade shows (video interviews).
The editorial assistant will gain strong knowledge of the news cycle for a thriving journalistic operation, an improved grasp of online publishing tools, an understanding of many of the aspects contributing to the success of consumer brands, and exposure to some of the top companies, leaders and investors in their respective industries.
Important note: this is a trade publication, not a consumer web site -- while there’s a lot of free food and drink in the office, it’s not an opportunity to write about your last meal or why bacon is awesome.
- Format and publish press releases to the Newswire section of the website
- Produce content for BevNET Magazine
- Pitch and write stories for news verticals BevNET.com, NOSH.com, and Brewbound.com
- Execute editorial-related brand outreach
- Locate art elements for stories and other postings.
- Update information in company database.
- Assist reporters in research for stories and interview transcription.
- Experience or background in media/publishing and journalism. Recent undergraduate or graduate journalism students preferred
- Strong written and communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Understanding of AP Style
- Experience conducting Internet-based research with proper sourcing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Passion for writing/reporting or business of food, beverage and beer.
- Experience in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and WordPress or other content management systems preferred but not required.
- Ability to commute to our office in Newton, MA (parking & public transit are available)
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the position will be remote initially
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for the position.COVID-19 precautions
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings