EXPERIENCED BREWER and CELLAR/PACKAGING OPERATOR, Barrier Brewing Co., Oceanside NY
Barrier Brewing Co.Apply for this Job
WE ARE STILL LOOKING TO FILL TWO POSITIONS
EXPERIENCED BREWER POSITION – Barrier Brewing Co (Oceanside, NY 11572)
Barrier is currently producing 12,000bbl/yr., operating on a 3 vessel 20 bbl brewhouse.
*An experienced brewer will have exposure to all aspects of brewing operations including packaging and warehousing, and will have something to add to the overall operation at Barrier. We welcome your experience and good habits, and we hope to further hone your skills as a brewer to meet the high expectations of our customers.
This is an excellent time to join our team, as we have started some new projects and have many future plans for the company. We need to add a rock solid brewer in order to continue our growth and continually improve our world class beer.
This position includes but is not limited to:
- Wort Production, Cellar Operation, CIP, Yeast Management, Packaging, Warehousing
- Adhering to QA/QC procedures
- Operating all necessary equipment with attention to detail
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Opportunity to help further develop our Yeast, Laboratory, Sour and Barrel Programs
- Event participation (pending restrictions); under normal circumstances, we are involved in many festivals, beer dinners and tasting events throughout the year.
Ideal Applicants must have:
-Minimum of 2 years professional brewing experience, preferably in a production brewery environment of at least 2,500bbls/yr
-Problem solving and troubleshooting ability
-Mechanical knowledge/skills are extremely important
-Strong passion for quality
-Strong work ethic
-Ability to operate a forklift safely
-Ability to remain flexible with work schedule
-Ability to multitask, work with and without direction, and function effectively on a team
-Great communication and organizational skills
-Computer literacy (Email, Google Drive, Sheets, addt'l specific brewing tech)
-High degree of self-motivation and ambition to improve
-Ability to work 45 hours per week, lift/move heavy items
-Ability/willingness to work in challenging and /or harsh environments
PACKAGING LINE OPERATOR
-This position is for an experienced operator who will have the passion and motivation to excel in this role while also learning other positions within the brewery
- Packaging line experience (draft equipment/bottling line/canning line)
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and mechanical skills/knowledge are extremely important and will be utilized daily
- Ability to multitask, work with and without direction, and function effectively on a team
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Strong passion for quality
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate a forklift (no experience necessary)
- Ability to remain flexible with work schedule
- Computer literacy (Gmail, Google Drive, Spreadsheets, some specific brewing software)
- High degree of self-motivation and ambition to improve
- Ability to lift/move heavy items
Primary Responsibilities Include: Packaging Line Operation/Oversight/Maintenance, CIP, Grain Handling, Warehousing
**Packaging line experience (draft/bottling/canning) is a plus
**Ability to work late shifts on a rotating schedule. (This is not consistent currently, but may become a necessary part of the schedule) Although not required at this time, schedules may change due to demand and direction of the company.
We offer a very competitive salary, health benefits, perks and vacation time, commensurate with experience, qualifications and continued work ethic.
If this sounds like a great, long term opportunity for you; a place where you could retire from one day;
please send inquiries along with your availability to interview and resume to email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position asap.
Barrier Brewing Co.
3001 New St.
Oceanside, NY 11572
Barrier Brewing Co.
Director of Operations
3001 New St, Unit A2
Oceanside, NY 11572