Distribution Center Manager
Country Malt GroupApply for Job
Reporting to the CMG Division Operations Manager, this position manages the day to day shift operations of our distribution warehouse facility to ensure metrics are maintained or exceeded and the highest level of customer service is provided. Candidates must possess the desire and ability to demonstrate continuous leadership of our values and support the continued growth of our business and our people. Preference will be given to qualified candidates with a passion for the craft brewing industry.
- Manage all center activities ensuring operational goals are achieved by determined deadlines.
- Effectively manage center employees, focusing on retention and skill development.
- Promote a “Zero Harm” work environment through adherence to OSHA, DOT HAZMAT and HACCP regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures in operations and office areas.
- Control and manage site inventory control processes; ensuring compliance with internal SOPs and best practices.
- Ensure orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner according to SOPs and customer requirements.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance programs and repairs of facility equipment.
- Develop and maintain written documentation of all SOPs.
- Facilitate and/or conduct all required employee training; including forklift and safety certification programs.
- Develop and maintain facility & labor related budgets and ongoing review of trends & variances.
- Completion of special projects as assigned by management.
- Facilitate and/or conduct site tours for management, employees and customers.
- Maintain a professional environment for customers and carriers while ensuring the warehouse team is constantly striving for excellence in all things relative to the business.
- Manage customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to create & operate within budget guidelines.
- Capacity to embrace and lead change in a fast-paced, constantly fluctuating business environment is essential; plus, ability to exercise solid judgement and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guideline.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate both verbal & written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification and operate forklift and other equipment as needed.
- Experience facilitating effective employee training.
- Ability to comfortably lift and carry up to 55/lbs.
- Passion for the craft brewing & malting industry is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-year relevant college degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of direct Warehouse Distribution management experience, including demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor employees.
- Knowledge of and experience ensuring compliance with OSHA, DOT HAZMAT and HACCP regulations.
- Warehouse Management System and/or ERP software experience is required.
- Experience utilizing cycle count methodologies and performing full physical inventory counts.
- Material Handling & equipment maintenance experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment is preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification as well as “5S” practices is a plus.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), fitness subsidy and tuition reimbursement. Employees are eligible for product discounts through our CMG Homebrew Division, as well as discounts from various external vendors.