Director, Retail Sales
Great Lakes Coca Cola BottlingApply for Job
Collaboratively develops and influences channel strategy and price package plans to meet customer objectives and GLCC annual business plan objectives. Leads the executive relationship with a portfolio of regionally-specific retail customers in GLCC’s territory. Partners directly with the retailers and leads a team of field-based associates to identify strategic, mutually beneficial short-term and long-term growth opportunities for the retailers and GLCC that span CLCC’s capabilities. Acts as subject matter expert and principle leader within GLCC for all customer activity. Acts as senior GLCC customer contact for collaboration and influence with regional customers. Leads GLCC Customer Sales Team with a cross-functional/general management lens – coaching and bringing knowledge to key decisions from all capability areas within GLCC to build a world-class retail sales team. Stewards world-class sales capability building within the customer team. Build CC network and effectively develop strategies and voting decisions representing GLCC in national decision processes.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Leads executive relationships with a portfolio of regionally-specific customers within the Large Store channels• Acts as senior Coca-Cola customer contact for collaboration and influence with the retailer. Acts as primary GLCC executive representing retailer strategies in franchise leadership for the Coca-Cola system.• Interfaces with customers with a general management approach, bringing strategic value opportunities to the customer that span the capabilities of GLCC (inclusive of Commercial Leadership, Product Supply, etc).
• Leads annual GLCC Channel plan achievement through leading a team of Sales Associates with direct customer responsibility, primary connection to National Large store sales leadership, and ensuring execution of channel plans across Independent customers.• Coordinate national customer activity at the GLCC levels representing programming and impacts.• Accountable for oversight of multiple strategies. Responsible for influencing, creating, coordinating, and communicating pricing architecture, price package plans, package and program architecture, promotional activity and big event marketing.• Coaches team to build strategies with the retailers that are aligned with GLCC Commercial Strategy, and to partner directly with Product Supply, the Sales Operations organization, and other bottling partners (as appropriate) to ensure regional execution of retailer strategies. May partner directly with the customer on these activities as appropriate.
• Leads Sales Team Associates with a cross-functional/general management lens – coaching and bringing knowledge to key decisions from all capability areas within GLCC to build a world-class retail sales team. Stewards world-class sales capability building within the customer team
• Acts as internal GLCC Region Large store customer expert, providing input based on customer strategies/insights to inform future Commercial Strategy for year over year growth (i.e. CMA development and key initiatives).• Steward, coordinate and execute Large store strategies to achieve business plan objectives. Secure alignment with Total Beverage Teams, Independent Bottlers and field sales operations across geographic territory.• Other projects or duties as assigned.Required Skills and Experience:
• BS/BA (or equivalent)• 10-15 years progressive customer management and sales leadership experience (including people leadership)• 1-2 years cross-functional experience outside of Sales (e.g., Commercial Leadership, Product Supply, Sales Operations)• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.• Proven project management, execution, and leadership skills.• Solid written and verbal communication abilities.• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.