Garage Brewing CoApply for this Job
Garage Brewing Co, located in Murrieta CA, is known throughout So Cal for its award-winning craft beer. We are currently investing in our facility and people to continue our dynamic growth. Our present accounting manager is assuming new responsibilities in our production process and we are searching for a strong replacement candidate with experience in small business. If you have a strong knowledge of accounting, strong numerical skills, are proficient with computer systems and have an analytical approach to problem solving you should apply to join our team.
This position is expected to constantly strive to make the business process more effective and efficient, while strengthening the underlying internal control system.
This role is responsible for routine day to day accounting activities relating to maintenance of a complete and accurate G.L. and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare or Direct
- Accounts payable, including invoice verification, check/ACH processing
- Accounts receivable, ensuring collected in a timely manner and posting customer payments are applied correctly
- Update and maintain cash schedules
- Researching customer payment deductions, communications with customers on invalid deductions
- Business activity reports
- Sales commission and expense processing
- Audit Corporate credit card and checking account reconciliations
- Monthly/Recurring journal entry inputs
- Financial information so that outside CPA can complete tax returns
- Account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, review, investigate and resolve accounting errors
- Monitor AR to ensure no debts go bad
- Analyze trade spending/promotion efficiency and work with the VP of sales to implement improvements based on your analysis
- Assist with the work flow of purchasing PO to payment
- Reconcile and prepare payroll for processing
- Work to ensure appropriate W-9 on file for all 1099 vendors and prepare annual 1099 disbursements
- Compile monthly/year to date financial reports for review
- Prepare and cut checks for vendor payments
- Work with minimal oversight and can handle situations on their own
- Maintain sales reports and company owned vehicle maintenance logs
- Training department staff
Our ideal Candidate:
- 5+yrs of accounting experience in manufacturing
- Experience in the beverage industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Admin with a concentration in accounting and finance
- Experience working with Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting brand
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Industry competitive wage and benefits with unlimited opportunities to learn, grow and create the future with us.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will have to effectively communicate using telephone and email.