Inside Sales Representative
Country Malt GroupApply for Job
The Inside Sales position is a key resource within the Country Malt Group Sales team providing sales services to breweries, homebrew stores, wineries, and other specialty stores or manufactures. Inside Sales Representatives own a territory of customers and work closely with the Territory Sales Managers to support sales functions within the small craft segment. Inside Sales Representatives are the main point of contact maintaining an exceptional level of service for our new & existing customers as we continue to grow our market share. This position will report to the Director of Inside Sales & Customer Service.
- Maintain and grow sales in a territory of breweries, homebrew stores, wineries, and other specialty stores/manufacturers.
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular communication.
- Act on new customer prospects through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls, emails, and mailings including welcome packages, catalogues & product samples.
- Develop new opportunities and drive sales by identifying customer needs & creating and executing strategic plans in a competitive market.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal resources including Sales team members plus administrative, operational, technical and leadership teams.
- Coordinate with Finance to assist customers during setup of new accounts and establishment of credit terms.
- Prepare reoccurring/on-demand reports and submit on a timely basis.
- Execute and manage customer sales contracts within all applicable systems.
- Maintain knowledge of geographical locations and transit lines as it relates to our company facilities and customers locations.
- Assist in planning and organizing industry events such as sponsored guild meetings, tradeshows and festivals.
- Assist with the development, documentation, and training of standard operating procedures.
- Assist with administration of product sample and company promotional material programs.
- Occasional attendance of industry events to support the showcasing of our brands and services.
- Assist marketing with strategic targeted newsletters and marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned to support our sales and general business development initiatives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Sales, Customer Service, Sales Support or other relevant professional position within a Brewery, Homebrew Store, Wholesale, Freight/Distribution or Manufacturing industry is desired.
- Demonstrated involvement in Brewing and/or Malting industries is preferred.
- Passion for the Craft Brewing industry is a must!
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to proactively & effectively manage time and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to embrace change in a growing industry and business environment is essential.
- Experience conducting effective peer training including preparation of written materials.
- Experience establishing, monitoring & achieving individual and team goals.
- Ability to travel infrequently within US & Canada.
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/RX plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, fitness subsidy and tuition reimbursement. Employees are eligible for product discounts through our CMG Homebrew Division, as well as discounts from various external vendors.