Brand Development Manager - Ventura
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Brand Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for building brand affinity and brand solutions to establish and grow the consumer base for a new brand or group of new brands within a defined geographic area. The position requires developing out-of-the-box, creative ideas to get new products noticed and to ensure that consumers have a positive and memorable experience each time they try one of these new products. This is a grassroots sales and marketing position focused on target neighborhoods where the BDM is expected to build buzz, awareness, and excitement around the new product(s).
What You Will Do
- Establish and grow distribution at all accounts in areas where target drinkers frequent. Continually build and refresh account lists based on the volume of target consumers that visit the accounts not necessarily the volume of product the accounts sell
- Create innovative ways to get brand(s) noticed by target drinkers in all target areas including both high and low volume accounts. This includes but is not limited to designing and performing sampling events, on-premise nights, creative POS tools, staff trainings, community involvement, etc. that drive brand awareness and conversion
- Communicate our brands' value proposition to target consumers; identify the unique benefit our brand(s) provide
- Recognize and react to rapidly changing category trends and competitors; focus on solutions when addressing these changes with wholesalers, sales force or retailers
- Quickly find and follow through on leads to uncover new channels to reach our target consumers
- Create impactful sampling experiences both in accounts and at community events around accounts, creating a positive, unique, and memorable first impression for target drinkers
- Build reputation and awareness of brand(s) within target areas to the point that all key accounts and most target drinkers are familiar with the brand(s)
- Collaborate with Area Sales Manager counterpart(s) and distributor sales personnel to coordinate all account activities. Record all account and market activities in company CRM
- Provide feedback to Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales as to what is working at retail and what challenges are
- Be local market expert about focus brand(s) and occasionally join team members at key account calls and distributor meetings
- This job will require time outside of the normal business hours with night and weekend obligations on a regular basis
Please Apply if You Have
- Associate's Degree or any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved required
- Bachelor's Degree in business or marketing preferred
- Business to business sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in continually solving business or customer problems with creative, win-win solutions
- Demonstrated history of going above and beyond to achieve to best-in-class results for clients or customers required
- Successful track record working in environments where business was performed through face-to-face interactions
- Must possess ability to be self-starter, to push self to achieve great results with limited supervision and to create innovative account, client or customer solutions
- Must be great communicator, team player and have ability to develop business relationships quickly
- Ability to gain in depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws will be required of the successful candidate
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to characterize and communicate a brands potential, ideal, and future customer is and an understanding of how this knowledge can support wholesaler and SNBC sales force retail efforts
- Ability to tell a brand story to convince potential customers on our promised point of differentiation, why it matters and why it makes us stand out as an industry leader
- DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations within the last three years upon hire required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer